Lightning

Roush Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Roush Kit

Could some one please post some info on the Roush Kit, cost, ammount of drop, handeling, etc. thaks

------------------
PSP filter kit
4.10's

Old 03-15-2001, 09:00 PM
Sixpipes has a Roush kit and seems to really like it. I think they are around $1800 installed by a Roush Franchise. The only problem I have heard him mention is sometimes it hits the stops in dips. I think it lowered his truck 4". I am contemplating the same mod.

By the way he races Equippe Rapide, and does real well when it is dry -----

Old 03-16-2001, 01:45 PM
Cool

This link is from an old thread,but you get the idea. Also, do a search un "Roush" subject only for other information. The pictures on the following link are non-functional but click on my sub-web page for pictures.

https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000595.html
Check out Spiro's sig at the end of this thread. 13.52 in November of 99. You've come a long way baby!

------------------
1999 Black Roush-lowered Lightning, Swanson Chip, intake & exhaust mods, 3.73 gears.

13.019@105.19mph

http://www.svtlightnings.com/go_rila/

[This message has been edited by sixpipes (edited 03-16-2001).]

Old 03-16-2001, 05:58 PM
z28klr

I got these prices last year so they may be off a little by now.

$3960--wheels and tire 18X9.5 295/45zr18
$1535--suspension lower 3" frt, 3.5" rear
includes spring,coils,shocks
$625--exhaust with FM muffler and chrome tip
$400--bumper cover
$165--fog lights
$115--floor mats
$???--window banner

Pkg price for all above was $6665

Read it and weep

Check out http://www.roushperf.com
The page is terrible to navigate through.
Never did buy it. Can get the same or similar parts for cheaper elsewhere. It does look sweet though.

REDBUCK50

------------------
1998 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercab Flareside
Bright Red, Med Graphite 60/40 Int
4.6L V8, Auto, 3.55 gears, HD/Tow Pkg, ORP
Slider, Keyless Entry/Alarm, Pwr/W/L/M/S

ADDED

Uniden PRO520XL/Wilson 1000 CB
Alpine CHM-S655RF 6 CD Changer
Ventshade Stepshields in grey color
In the mail:
Stillen bumper cover
Bladerunner grill insert

Old 03-17-2001, 09:35 AM
Question

I'm waiting for a return call from my regional Roush rep to find out about pricing for just the front springs and rear leafs. Suppossed to hear from him on Monday, and I'll post whatever info I get here.

What I'm slightly concerned about was that the rep started hinting that I would have to get my Lightning all the way to Los Angeles in order to get the parts installed... and I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Does anyone have any hints for getting the parts shipped and installed locally? And if I install it, does that invalidate Roush's warranty?

Well, if I have to make the trip to LA, it'll probably have to wait for the summer.

~rick
(aka lightning_svt on this board)

------------------
rcarino@mindspring.com
2000 SVT F-150 Lightning (hot red, of course)

Old 03-17-2001, 10:00 AM
Hey Spoon let me know what you find out. I have been wanting to do the same thing. I am in the Tualatin area. I have the tools and space bring your rig over and we can do them at the same time. Does not appear to be a difficult install.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning 13.82 (stock)
PSP 4-way
PSP Filter Kit
PSP Lower Pulley
Level 10 Shift kit
Snug-Lid
In the works:
Level 10 converter
4-Link

Old 03-17-2001, 11:45 AM
Okay Guys Here we go. I just got done doing a Roush Job the install is varry easy. You will not be able to buy the kit with out the shocks, people will say so but you will find out other wise. The ride and handiling are so much better now. The problem with the bump stopes is an easy fix. Cut 1 inch off the stuck ones. No biggie. Ony questions I will help as much as possible. O ya the biggest problem for me was setting up the alingment right. That took longer then the install.

Old 03-19-2001, 07:47 PM
TWOFAST: Thanks for the tip!

Got pricing from 2 sources today, Mark Ray (the Roush area rep) and Steve (Suburban Ford parts rep). Waiting to hear from Butler Ford in Ashland, and Courtesy Ford in Portland. Hillyer's Mid City Ford no longer deals with Roush.

[In case you were wondering, I got these contacts from the Roush website and from calling 800-59-ROUSH.]

Price from both Roush direct and from Suburban Ford is $1535- parts only. This includes (according to Mark Ray) the front springs, rear leafs, sway bar(s), and Bilstein shocks. Leafs & springs are no longer available seperately.

Turns out that I don't have to drive to LA though, as they could ship the kit to me and get it installed whereever, or do it myself. Shipping takes about a week from time of order.

So what do you guys think? I don't think I'd mind paying the whole $1535- if that included installation and alignment, but I can always install the parts myself and have someone do the alignment for me.

~rick

------------------
rcarino@mindspring.com

Old 03-19-2001, 09:41 PM
Cool

I guess my vote doesn't count because I'm prejudice. Aye!

Old 03-19-2001, 10:27 PM
Spoon Suburban has treated me well in the past. Bought the 00 there. Work a deal through with install included. I just got off of the Eibach web site and they have front coils, alignment kit, and rear hangers and shackles for our trucks. Whole deal under $300. Leaves a lot left over for shocks.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning 13.82 (stock)
PSP 4-way
PSP Filter Kit
PSP Lower Pulley
Level 10 Shift kit
Snug-Lid
In the works:
Level 10 converter
4-Link

Old 03-20-2001, 01:22 AM
How low is the drop 3/4? How much do will the dealer charge for the install? thanks for all the help guys.

Old 03-20-2001, 08:57 AM
Cool

Drop is 3/3.5 and the installation including alignment was $200.

Old 03-21-2001, 12:55 AM
SixPipes..I understand there is a Roush installation facility in North Texas. Did you have yours installed there? If so, at what address and number? Thank You, jw

Old 03-22-2001, 12:45 AM
Talking

SixPipes..any idea? thx..jw

Old 03-23-2001, 07:48 PM
Thumbs up

Well, we have a decision... don't know if it's the 'perfect' decision, but it's the proper one for me and my situation right now.

Spoon (that's me!) is going to have to forego the Roush treatment, it is just too darn expensive for me to get around here. Everyone I've spoken to has quoted me for $1535- for the kit itself, which includes front springs, rear leafs, Bilstein shocks all around, and new sway bars. This price does not include shipping, installation, alignment, etc. and all the other add-ons everyone seems to want. As much as I would like the Roush name for the parts, I simply can't stomach that.

So here's what I'm doing: Next Friday, my Lightning is going to Charley's Drop Shop in NE Portland for a day. Ron, the installer, will be adding drop A-arms + camber kit in front, hangers + shackles + 4-degree wedge in rear, and KYB shocks all the way around. This will result in an approx. 2" drop front and back, but still keeping a bit of the rake of the truck. Parts plus installation and alignment is going to cost me $1250- all told.

Being mechanically un-inclined (give me a computer and a network any day, though), this is the best option for me.

Charley's Drop Shop was recommended to me by several performance enthusiast friends from this area, and Ron has 'dropped' 5 other Lightnings in the Portland/Vancouver area. Of those owners I was able to speak with, all liked his work and are very satisfied with the result.

Anyway, I will be photo-documenting the occasion, and hope to post the before, during, and after shots. Thanks for your support, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

~rick

------------------
rcarino@mindspring.com

Quick Reply: Roush Kit