Lightning

First Good Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007 | 06:01 PM
|
First Good Weekend

Well i got to enjoy my lightning for a full weekend without any problems for the first time in about six months. I have not driven anything else since Last wed. and the truck has preformed great. It has been so nice to get enjoy all the money i have invested in this truck lol. It is so nice to get in the truck, turn the key and go out and have some fun and not worry is my tune okay, i wonder if the truck has enough fuel pressure, and hoping it will make it home under its own power lol. i must say Ken at Modular Depot built a great SAFE street tune. The truck idles perfect, throttle response is great, has enough power to destroy the stock f1 in the first two gears or a downshift into second , and even seems to be getting better MPG. I have been giving joy rides to my buddies and they all just love how the truck pulls with the whipple. Now that everything is normal it is time to renew my love of these trucks. Over the last 1-2yrs i have chased problems here and there and got very fedup with the this truck. I am going to lay off the modding for awhile and just drive the truck. It is paid for in Jan./08. I am not going to say that i am going to keep the truck now or i am going to sell it either. What i am going to say is it has been a lot of fun driving the Lightning all weekend and it helped remind me why i bought the truck in the first place. i am installing a innovate wideband next week so i will be able to see if i have any power left in Ken's/MD tune. Plus JJ/WMS is in the process of adjusting his tune for my truck. So for the first time in a very long time i am proud of owning this truck.

Old 11-20-2007 | 07:02 AM
CONGRATS MY BROTHER AND ENJOY IT (once again)

Although I dont know your whole story I do know by the tone of your post the dissapointment you had is something I too experienced with my 1st L.
All I can say is when those trouble are finally behind you, IT'S ALL GOOD...

Quick Reply: First Good Weekend