Lightning

I guess seat-cover places hate these covers !

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007 | 06:50 PM
|
I guess seat-cover places hate these covers !

I've been to 2 Custom seat cover upholstery stores locally and they don't want to replace this stuff.

I like the org material, hell--- it's lasted this long and only has one little small place in the drivers seat lower cover that even needs attention.

I basically wanted a price on replacing both covers completely but they said, it'll wear too fast or we can't get that exact material and etc.... dah!!!

What experience have you guy's had??

Old 11-20-2007 | 11:31 AM
I just had both seats covers replaced, my truck was in a five car pile up, with me being the third card hit, the insurance totaled it, but I got it back and nursed it back to health.

Anyway; when I got hit, coffee got splattered all over the seats, the body shop replaced both seat covers, and the seat portion cost about $700.00 for both seats, from the dealer!

I’m sure the body shop had a huge add on to that price!!!

Old 11-20-2007 | 03:10 PM
I know that you can get the covers from ford but not sure of the part numbers and last i checked they were around $300 for each section. Give the dealer a call i guess.

Old 11-20-2007 | 04:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

If it was me, I would just replace the seats with racing seats or have them re-covered with all leather.

Old 11-20-2007 | 05:24 PM
You know now that you mention it that is what I should have done!!!
However: I do really like the stock look, make believe suede look….
Not many cars trucks have that detail, if I changed it too much, I would probably be called a poser…
Anyway I wanted it back to stock, never even considered all my options, my bad!!!

Old 11-20-2007 | 05:57 PM
|
Racing seats is worth considering !!

Where's a good place to look at racing seats?

Old 11-20-2007 | 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by oldfrmtrk
You know now that you mention it that is what I should have done!!!
However: I do really like the stock look, make believe suede look….
Not many cars trucks have that detail, if I changed it too much, I would probably be called a poser…
Anyway I wanted it back to stock, never even considered all my options, my bad!!!
I wouldn't call you a poser if you got all leather covers put on your seats. Unless they were pink or purple. Then I would have to call you something else...

Old 11-20-2007 | 07:20 PM
|
My 2000 covers are silver on the outside with charcoal in the centers.

Since the outside is white, I'd like to (at least) look at white w/black enters.

Old 11-20-2007 | 07:52 PM
get wet okales and cover up the stock seats.

Old 11-21-2007 | 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
I wouldn't call you a poser if you got all leather covers put on your seats. Unless they were pink or purple. Then I would have to call you something else...
You got me good!!!! Har, Har, har..................

Old 11-21-2007 | 01:26 PM
If I remember Ford had an issue with a spot wearing through on the drivers lower, something with the seat frame. can't remember what they were doing /suggesting for the fix though, do a search on here you should come up with it, might want to check that out before spending the Bucks to fix yours.

I had checked with Ford on the OEM replacement covers a few years ago, got qouted $1,600 said to heck with that, for about a 1/3 the $$$$ modified drivers side (still have full power) & fabbed the pass. side brackets and dropped in a set of 3A black vinyl buckets, have a lot of folks love the way they feel and look in the L, most think it came that way. originals are wrapped and stored in the basement

Old 11-21-2007 | 01:55 PM
i would not recommend wet okoles in a DD truck. mine have fallen to pure crap and i used the uv protectant and took them out of the truck and hand washed them. the gray inserts in mine are ripping and plain falling apart. the passanger seat which is rarely used is just as bad as the drivers seat.

the covers are only 3yrs old, but they crapped out last year. and i only put about 7k miles a year on the truck.

go katskins or equal leather.

chris

Old 11-21-2007 | 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jakhammer
i would not recommend wet okoles in a DD truck. mine have fallen to pure crap and i used the uv protectant and took them out of the truck and hand washed them. the gray inserts in mine are ripping and plain falling apart. the passanger seat which is rarely used is just as bad as the drivers seat.

the covers are only 3yrs old, but they crapped out last year. and i only put about 7k miles a year on the truck.

go katskins or equal leather.

chris
Did you let Wet Okole know about that? I've had mine for about a year and they still look brand new.

Old 11-21-2007 | 04:15 PM
Check out the stickey at the top of the genII lightning forum section over on SVTperformance on how to get stock ford parts at 10% over cost. Might be worth checking out. Give Steve a call, he doesn't answer e-mails very timely but ususally answers the phone. I've went that route a couple times for stock parts and its typically less than 1/2 of what the dealor quotes including shipping. Shipping is very fast too.

Old 11-24-2007 | 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by D Davis
If I remember Ford had an issue with a spot wearing through on the drivers lower, something with the seat frame. can't remember what they were doing /suggesting for the fix though, do a search on here you should come up with it, might want to check that out before spending the Bucks to fix yours.

I had checked with Ford on the OEM replacement covers a few years ago, got qouted $1,600 said to heck with that, for about a 1/3 the $$$$ modified drivers side (still have full power) & fabbed the pass. side brackets and dropped in a set of 3A black vinyl buckets, have a lot of folks love the way they feel and look in the L, most think it came that way. originals are wrapped and stored in the basement
One could simply have the shop place a thick piece of leather over the frame area to deter the wearing area from reappearing as fast if at all...

Quick Reply: I guess seat-cover places hate these covers !