Lightning

What should I do while the engine is out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What should I do while the engine is out?

The engine is getting pulled in a couple weeks because I have bad piston rings in one cylinder. I'd like some ideas on what I should do while the engine is out. I'm going to get some ARP 2000 studs, new Ford head gaskets, and obviously new rings. I'm thinking about doing a cam swap and getting some different valve springs. What do you guys think? I'm also thinking about having the heads sent out to be looked over since they're Patriot heads and they've been on the truck for over two years. I would hate to get everything done and then have something in the heads fail a month later.

Basically I'm just looking for ideas on what I should freshen up while the engine is apart...

Old 11-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would be a good time to clean the engine compartment. Maybee relocate some selinoids, etc. Maybee clean all that waxy stuff off the frame, and put a nice coat of paint on the frame.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Don's Bolt
would be a good time to clean the engine compartment. Maybee relocate some selinoids, etc. Maybee clean all that waxy stuff off the frame, and put a nice coat of paint on the frame.
X2

Quick Reply: What should I do while the engine is out?