Lightning

Looking for a different hood??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2001 | 05:32 PM
|
Thumbs up Looking for a different hood??

I seem to remember a while back someone asking for a Mustang GT "type" hood for the Lightings. These look a little like it to me. The only drawback is that they are steel. Company is called Prestigious1....

Here's a link to the hood:
http://www.prestigious1.com/images/C...FH3149971a.jpg

Spencer

------------------
White 2000 L
Mods:
PSP filter
F-1 AAD Hood
Clear Corners
Keyless Entry Keypad
Mpulse Lo-pro Tonneau
Chrome Motorsport SVT rims

[This message has been edited by White2000SVT (edited 03-25-2001).]

Old 03-25-2001 | 05:35 PM
Smile

That would be me looking for a GT hood, but I'm looking more for the new GT hood (2001) that has a raised scoop. That one is a nice hood though... since I'm not a big dragger, weight isn't that large of an issue for me.

Daniel

Old 03-25-2001 | 07:28 PM
Believe it or not, the Cervini hoods weigh a lot more than the stock units and the Cervini's are fiberglass, not sure how much more but everyone who gets Cervini, has to get stiffer struts to hold it up.

One more thing about Cervini, I ordered their ram air hood and received it damaged due to poor pachaging. Rejected it and wated for the next, same result, then the next same result. 8 weeks waisted waiting total.
Bottom line is that I rejected 3 hoods due to MAJOR damage, not just a little scratch but gouges and broken off corners in which missing packaging caused most of the damage.
I'll never order cervini again!

On a good note, that hood looks nice

------------------
GO HARD OR GO HOME........
*Red 2000 SVT Lightning
*Leer Lo-Rider Bed Cover
*Swanson Performance Chip
*Adopted 3/29/00, #221
*352RWHP / 432RWTQ with Chip
-Laser Red 01 Mustang GT Convertible, black top.

Old 03-25-2001 | 08:13 PM
|
Arrow

Red2000SVT

My AAD hood weighed more than the stock hood also...that is because the stock hood is aluminium. So, going to fiberglass will add a few more pounds. I had no problems with the hood supports holding up the AAD hood, but I bet they would not be able to hold up a steel hood.

Spencer

------------------
White 2000 L
Mods:
PSP filter
F-1 AAD Hood
Clear Corners
Keyless Entry Keypad
Mpulse Lo-pro Tonneau
Chrome Motorsport SVT rims

Old 03-25-2001 | 09:52 PM
I orderd a Cervini's ram air hood and it was here in less than a week, not bad considering it was 3 days in a truck to get here.
The hood was packaged perfectly & arived in the same condition. The body shop guy said my L had the best factory paint he can remember ever seeing, he also commented on the quality of the cervinis hood.
It looks great fits great (other than 3/8" of shims in the back) The struts hold it as well as the factory hood from what i can tell.
Now if i could just find some kind of screens and a way to fasten them to the openings.

I hope my LSII fits and looks as nice when i pick it up tuesday.

------------------
Rich,

2001 Red Lightning Picked up 3-10-01
Mods:
Valentine One Radar Detector, , Haig Industries MBZ-Velour floor mats, G-TECH/Pro
Mods on order include: JL air kit, Bed Rug, Cervini’s Ram Air Hood, JDM #2 pulley, A.R.E. LSII W/Led Wing, JL street chip,.

Mods:
99 F350 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat SRW LWB 3.73LS 4R100 Banks Stinger Kit, 2” Super Lift, AR Baja 16.5x9.75, BF Goodrich MT 35x12.50, Pace Roll Top, Lund Racer Back / Visor, Bushwacker Flares, SS step bars.

Quick Reply: Looking for a different hood??