Lightning

Computer Question for thought

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Computer Question for thought

At some point, I read a post regarding just what a chip can and can't adjust. It was a rather long post the was explaining the short-term and long-term look up tables that the stock computer constantly updates. Does anyone remember how to find the post? I think Sal wrote it. This is all leading to...If the stock computer is constantly doing adjustments to the constantly moving lookup tables to adjust for things like temp and ambient pressure, would it be better to reset the computer, switch to race programming mode, fill up with good gas and then drive to the track to let the computer rewrite the two tables before you race? Otherwise you are as the mercy of what the tuner was guessing the weather. A cold day in Denver is a far cry from a hot - humid day in Batten
Rouge.

------------------
Andy Whittle
White 2000
#2482 of 4966
Built 4/27/00

My Autocross car

Old 03-30-2001, 02:43 PM
I could be all wet on this. I think a tuners program is a set of fixed values to reference just like the stock programming. The PCM would still build those new, changeable tables to correct for weather variables along with all the other stuff that needs current conditions to work from. I'm just guessing.

Old 03-30-2001, 03:02 PM
It does take a few miles/passes for the computer to learn the new program.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning 13.82 (stock)
PSP 4-way
PSP Filter Kit
PSP Lower Pulley
Level 10 Shift kit
Snug-Lid
In the works:
Level 10 converter
4-Link

Quick Reply: Computer Question for thought