Lightning

Assorted questions, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Assorted questions, please read.

I know I seem to ask more questions about this truck then anyone here, but here we go again. Sorry for wasting all your time.

I was thinking about changing pulleys on my blower and I'm wanting input on this. I have heard some people say that they have blown head gaskets with them. I have heard that you can't change the pulley on the blower itself cause of damage to the snout of the blower. I have heard that the engine can't handle anything more then 8-10 psi but the blower pulleys I have seen have been 12 psi pulleys. I use the truck as a daily driver (14,390 miles so far) and I want more speed out of it but I don't want to dramatically reduce reliability. Would I hurt the truck putting a pulley on it and still put 12,000 miles a year on it? Also, do you need to have the chip and air meter re-calibrated for the pulley?

Another thing I was thinking about doing was a 3.73 gear swap and was wondering what all is involved in doing it. Such as any re-calibration for the chip, how do you re-calibrate the speedometer, and how big of a hit does the mileage take with the swap?

I appreciate all your help on these questions, I know that they have probably been asked before but thanks again for all your help. If I see any of you at the track, I owe you a beer.

------------------
2000 White Lightning #808
Pro-M 80mm Mass Air Meter.
Superchips R-9 Chip.
Best Stock E/T: 13.92@99.64mph

Latest Kills:
97 Camaro Z28
01 Mustang GT
99 Trans Am
76 Vette
99 Cobra
00 Audi S4

Quick Reply: Assorted questions, please read.