Lightning

I Wanna Buy A LIGHTNING!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 08:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by TheBlueHornet
Intake, #4 Pulley and tune...maybe an exaust and youll be looking at a grand or so and thats easy 12s material (450hp500fpt estimate)

that's insane.. are you serious.. that's all to get into the 12's??
And that would be a civilized driving truck during the week and a 12 seconder on the weekend track scene?? You've gotta be kiddin!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2007 | 08:15 PM
|
Old 12-10-2007 | 08:17 PM
Links dont work.

Old 12-10-2007 | 08:30 PM
|
see if that works... not sure why it did'n work????????

Old 12-10-2007 | 09:09 PM
Am I kidding guys?!?

Welcome to the land of SVT my friend

If youve got the loot, port the Eaton or swap it for a KenneBell or Whipple S/C, do some block work and a few extras and 600rwhp and 10s at the track is a very realistic goal

Old 12-10-2007 | 09:13 PM
Paparyno,
Pics work fine for me.Truck looks clean! Only thing I noticed was the rust color on the inner s/c belt.Its also on the coolant return hose behind it,maybe those in the know can explain wtf.
Honestly,if your deadset on a truck,the L platform is the easiest to get goin faster.Do you need a truck?, or do you just want to beat your friends w/ trucks.
Im not one to talk cuz I modded mine pretty good,but its ALLOT cheaper to start w/ a sports car and mod up opposed to a truck.

Good luck w/ whatever you choose

Old 12-10-2007 | 09:27 PM
My views on picking up a Lightning...
Im part of the local motorsports scene here in Manchester NH and I met up with em while driving a SVT FoCuS that I supercharged with a decent build for a dyno of 213whp. Now considering most ppl round here are buzzing around tricked out Hondas and various other rice (though there are some nasty builds here no doubt) I could toast the majority of the domestic haters EASILY in that thing, especially looking stock cept for the boost pillar =D Now I put put 110k on that car with minor wear and tear issues, Ive always driven Fords and dont know what the hates about seeing as how I dont have major issues with them. But at that kind of mileage I wasnt getting the power I used to have so I started looking at Terminators. But about a week after I really started shopping around the dealership where I work took in a Lightning and BAM, it was love at first sight! I immediately scooped it up after the used car check and got an incredible deal on it.
Seeing as how youre in the truck scene you already know how it goes, but for me going from sport compact tuning to big block torque monsters its been a whole new world. The ricers dont even mess with me and now Ive got the truck guys flabbergasted! Power and style is everything in this game, and the Lightning has em both, hands down.

Old 12-10-2007 | 09:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by ganiman
Paparyno,
Pics work fine for me.Truck looks clean! Only thing I noticed was the rust color on the inner s/c belt.Its also on the coolant return hose behind it,maybe those in the know can explain wtf.
Honestly,if your deadset on a truck,the L platform is the easiest to get goin faster.Do you need a truck?, or do you just want to beat your friends w/ trucks.
Im not one to talk cuz I modded mine pretty good,but its ALLOT cheaper to start w/ a sports car and mod up opposed to a truck.

Good luck w/ whatever you choose
welllll good questions... I've had a saleen( NA) but just never felt right in a car. Also, it's soooo cool when a truck out runs a car, especially a typically considered sports car. I've got a lot of my friends pushing me towards a mustang due to their cheap price and cheap mods list.. I just feel like the L would be sooo much more fun. That's why I'm here tonight.. Hopin to gain a lil insight from guys who have already owned their L's and know the pros and cons. I mean after you own anything for a while you know your pleasures and regrets. I love my Titan. Very FINE Truck. But, my regrets is that IT IS NOT for modding. As stated earlier,,... very very expensive and limited in choices. Also very Heavy.
I don't want to just get like some lil s-10 frame and throw a 350 modded in it good for like 9's or 10's. Not a pleasant vehicle to drive daily. Let's face it. Vanity is what these L's are about. I want a nice driving everyday truck that if someone eggs me on at a red light... WE GO AT IT.. and then back to civilized driving. It's them short pleasures that keep my blood pumpin.. I do it with my TITAN but with the L, i could pick on a whole different crowd

Old 12-10-2007 | 09:30 PM
|
[QUOTE=TheBlueHornet]My views on picking up a Lightning...
Im part of the local motorsports scene here in Manchester NH and I met up with em while driving a SVT FoCuS that I supercharged with a decent build for a dyno of 213whp. Now considering most ppl round here are buzzing around tricked out Hondas and various other rice (though there are some nasty builds here no doubt) I could toast the majority of the domestic haters EASILY in that thing, especially looking stock cept for the boost pillar =D Now I put put 110k on that car with minor wear and tear issues, Ive always driven Fords and dont know what the hates about seeing as how I dont have major issues with them. But at that kind of mileage I wasnt getting the power I used to have so I started looking at Terminators. But about a week after I really started shopping around the dealership where I work took in a Lightning and BAM, it was love at first sight! I immediately scooped it up after the used car check and got an incredible deal on it.
Seeing as how youre in the truck scene you already know how it goes, but for me going from sport compact tuning to big block torque monsters its been a whole new world. The ricers dont even mess with me and now Ive got the truck guys flabbergasted! Power and style is everything in this game, and the Lightning has em both, hands down.

QUOTE]

nice write up and pic.. good lookin truck.

Old 12-10-2007 | 09:50 PM
Based on your response,

Your as sick as the rest of us.Enough sed,buy the L

Edit..find out about the rust stains first

Old 12-10-2007 | 11:22 PM
deep down, you really want an L. GIT R DONE already!

Old 12-10-2007 | 11:31 PM
The one your lookin at is the wrong color!

Old 12-11-2007 | 12:05 AM
|
white was my fist choice.. Your Blue looks sharp!!. I think the red is eye catchin though.. I can't wait to buy one. I'll own one by the end of the week.. Within days if I find a good one. I can't wait to start moddin

Old 12-11-2007 | 12:30 AM
Hey Falcon11, hate to ask in someone else's thread but this forum is kinda wack in the fact that A) My sig dont show yet B) apparently I cant PM ppl =P
Whats with the grill and where did you get it/how did you do it?

Old 12-11-2007 | 12:46 AM
If I didn't want 4x4 and need something that could handle more than pavement I'd be driving a Lightning no questions asked... It's still a possibility... Who knows.

Quick Reply: I Wanna Buy A LIGHTNING!!