Lightning

Contemplating selling my truck, need advice for guys that have sold private party.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 08:39 PM
Tallimeca,
As Todd said what you do is simply call your bank and tell them your selling a vehicle and want the routing number of the bank. What happens is the money is transfered to your Bank and then into you account. It seems to take @ 3 days for the money to be cleared so make sure the seller understands it must be cleared before you release the vehicle.

It's quite simple and really only the only way you cant get scamed

Old 12-16-2007 | 07:05 PM
|
thanks guys

i guess i just have to find out the rules about selling and warranty.

I told my girl that i was thinking about selling my truck. I was shocked at her response.

"Why? That's supid. You love your truck"

Old 12-17-2007 | 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
i guess i just have to find out the rules about selling and warranty.

I told my girl that i was thinking about selling my truck. I was shocked at her response.

"Why? That's supid. You love your truck"
Same thing my wife said when mine went.

Old 12-17-2007 | 05:44 PM
Same thing mine said when we were combing through our finances to buy a new house.

Old 12-24-2007 | 03:24 PM
Think Twice

Take it from a guy who has been there done that - DON'T SELL IT! I sold my '03 after 10,000 miles and regretted every minute of it, that is why I own my ''99 now (for 2.5 years).

I spent a great deal of time and money on mods as you have - every bolt on I could get my hands on including a K.B. and yes stripped my L to sell off each part (which I was very fortunate to find one guy to buy almost everything) - I recovered 60% of my mod money and lost $4000 on the trade in from the price I paid new to the $24,000 I was given by the dealer.

I remember a quote from a fellow L brother - "my lifestyle requires I have a truck so why not have a fast one?" - might want to ask yourself the same question.

Happy Holidays!

D-Day

Old 12-26-2007 | 07:38 PM
|
yeah

I remember a quote from a fellow L brother - "my lifestyle requires I have a truck so why not have a fast one?" - might want to ask yourself the same question.
yeah, that quote would be dead nuts on, except for the fact that it is not an option driving it in the snow, so I can only drive it 1/2 the year. I'm really interested in this possible svt sport track. A pickup bed, all wheel drive, and seats 4.........

Old 12-26-2007 | 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
yeah, that quote would be dead nuts on, except for the fact that it is not an option driving it in the snow, so I can only drive it 1/2 the year. I'm really interested in this possible svt sport track. A pickup bed, all wheel drive, and seats 4.........
The SVT Adrenalin??? that truck is never going to come out unless Ford decides to build it again.. Last I heard and read in an article, Ford squashed that idea..

Old 12-26-2007 | 09:22 PM
|
yeah

rumor is that it's back in the plans for ford again. I read an article with an interview from ford. I thought it was on here somewhere.

I think it would be a good seller if they could build it to hold up to all that power and all wheel drive.

Quick Reply: Contemplating selling my truck, need advice for guys that have sold private party.