Lightning

Power Steering Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Steering Noise?

I have a 2000 Lightning and whenever I turn the wheel almost all the way in either direction, I hear a squealing/grinding noise? Any ideas what this might be? The fluid is full and I've asked Ford mechanics and was told that these belts don't require any greasing or anything. So no one has been able to give me a straight answer.

Also, due to the weather I am unable to make it to the track. I was wondering what a conservative estimate would be what my truck would run in the 1/4 mile and mph?

Right now: 90mm MAF upgrade, CAI, 4# Pulley, JDM tune, TR6's, Heat Exchanger, SBTB, FVTB, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back

This would be assuming I can drive the truck and it would be on the stock F1's due to money. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sic SVT
I have a 2000 Lightning and whenever I turn the wheel almost all the way in either direction, I hear a squealing/grinding noise? Any ideas what this might be? The fluid is full and I've asked Ford mechanics and was told that these belts don't require any greasing or anything. So no one has been able to give me a straight answer.

Also, due to the weather I am unable to make it to the track. I was wondering what a conservative estimate would be what my truck would run in the 1/4 mile and mph?

Right now: 90mm MAF upgrade, CAI, 4# Pulley, JDM tune, TR6's, Heat Exchanger, SBTB, FVTB, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back

This would be assuming I can drive the truck and it would be on the stock F1's due to money. Thanks for any help.
I would flush all the old fluid out of the power steering, fresh fluid may solve your problem.

At approx 600 feet above sea level you have the mods for an easy 12 second 1/4 mile on sticky tires. The F-1's will limit you to around a 13.5 at a 105 mph..or so... You would be able to go quicker if you practice launching on F-1's.....its hard to do. You have to ease into the throttle to get your best 60ft. I have similar mods at a track elevation of 700 feet and have run on F-1's 6 times with a best time being a mid 12... so its possible, I think my 60 ft on that pass was 1.92, I would have to find the slip to be sure.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Noise?