Lightning

AUGH !!!! Pulled over by NHP

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2001 | 12:47 AM
|
Unhappy AUGH !!!! Pulled over by NHP

Just going cruzen to the gas station, 27 miles from home...... and lo and behold, red and blue lights behind me. Geez, I know I was going the speed limit!!!!!

hehe, he just pulled me over to check out the L. He had heard that someone in Goldfield had one. The second NHP officer stopped by to check it out also. He wanted the engine for his police cruiser.

All in all, a very positive experience from our local highway patrol boys.

Am I the only one who has noticed this truck is a people magnet? Geez, we have only had the truck 9 days and it never ceases to amaze me the response it gets. Thumbs ups, rubbernecking passers by, hoarded at any stop. Something else.

First new vehicle..... AND I LOVE IT!!!!! A giggle a minute.

------------------
Rick
'01 Red Lightning Ordered 11/30/00
Built On 2/20/01
Arrived at Dealer 3/19/01
Picked Up 4/5/01

Old 04-14-2001 | 04:27 AM
Cool

And just think, you let the truck sit at the dealer for 17 days before you picked it up. The fun could have started sooner!

------------------
2001 Silver Bolt
Adopted 3/24/01
Red Line Water Wetter Wet Okole's Bedrug JL Ram Air

Old 04-14-2001 | 06:52 PM
I've been stopped twice in the five months I've had this truck, but the pieces of paper they gave me both times gives me the idea they weren't the slightest bit impressed with my truck.

------------------
<A HREF="http://users.ev1.net/~temurphy/lightning/" TARGET=_blank> </A>
2000 Black Lightning

Old 04-14-2001 | 07:24 PM
Ordered a Pasport 8500, should be here Monday.
Hope it works as good as they say.What I been doing is(since I live in the boondocks)drive down the highway a couple a miles to check it out, then turn around and light it up. Not as good as a race with another vehicle, but I have a good imagination!!!!!!!!

------------------
01L,Lowered, Black,Downey SST,Straight Pipes,Chipped,Wet Okole Covers........ Toy: 91 Heritage Softtail Classic/Lowered

Old 04-14-2001 | 07:40 PM
|
If I could have picked her up earlier I would have. Unfortunately, when you own your own business, time is often hard to find. Plus, my other had to be able to get a couple of days off of work, and that was the soonest she could.

As far as the ticket thing goes, I sure hope I keep my squeeky clean driving record...... hmmmmm, may be difficult though.

Oh, luckily the other had a spare radar/laser detector (the Valentine stays in her L..... I get the top of the line Bel), so that should help.

------------------
Rick
'01 Red Lightning Ordered 11/30/00
Built On 2/20/01
Arrived at Dealer 3/19/01
Picked Up 4/5/01

Old 04-14-2001 | 08:46 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by '01ArrestMeRed:

Am I the only one who has noticed this truck is a people magnet? Geez, we have only had the truck 9 days and it never ceases to amaze me the response it gets. Thumbs ups, rubbernecking passers by, hoarded at any stop. Something else.

First new vehicle..... AND I LOVE IT!!!!! A giggle a minute.

</font>
HEHE well I haven't been pulled over in it yet, but did have a State Cop ask me to take a look at it while at Dunkin Donuts.

It is a blast seeing all the looks I get in this truck, and the looks on peoples faces who do not know what a "L" is until you blow them away.

By the way I finally had some time to put a few new pics on my web page today, it now has 8 pics.

------------------
SILVER 2001 LIGHTNING
Built 02/14/01
Picked up 03/03/01
Sportmasters tonneau
Bedrug
Alpine head unit and six disk changer.
JL Audio speakers
Magnaflow muffler
JDM BigMouth Filter.

http://members.tripod.com/donf150/Welcome/id7.html

Old 04-14-2001 | 10:05 PM
Hey all,
Just had a talk with my brother-in-law who just happens to be a CHP officer and he told me that the detectors are no good. Reason being that by the time that the detector locks on, you have already had your day ruined by the local constabulary. Also had a friend who took his detector into Nevada and it started doing it's thing, but there was no police car in site (this includes air bears). The ground was flat and there were no hiding spots. He eventually saw an officer in his patrol car twenty minutes later coming towards him heading the other way. So I don't know if it is worth the money to have them or not....

my $.01 worth...

Steve

Old 04-14-2001 | 10:16 PM
There is a biased opinion if I have ever heard one. Look who the info is coming from, a pig (sorry, nothing personal).

They work. Different brands work MUCH better than others. I have a uniden and never have had a ticket. I also dont speed every time I get in the car either.

Old 04-14-2001 | 10:49 PM
They are a good investment even if you don't go flying around all the time. You might just be passing a dump truck (speaking from experience) when you pass a cop car at high speed.

------------------
2001 Silver Bolt
Adopted 3/24/01
Red Line Water Wetter Wet Okole's Bedrug JL Ram Air

Old 04-14-2001 | 11:09 PM
Talking

I got pulled over a few months ago by a police officer who just wanted to see my truck. He followed me for about a 1/2 mile just staring then pulled up and told me to pull over, but it didn't involve police bussiness. He gave me a good scare though.

Marvin

Quick Reply: AUGH !!!! Pulled over by NHP