Lightning

RAM SRT 10 Vid - doent it seem kinda slow?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrSquirrel
stock vs stock a Ram SRT-10 will beat a Lightning with the same drivers, its just plain faster from the factory
Have you driven the SRT? Hell, have you driven an L?

I've driven both and I can say that an average to slightly above average driver is going to be faster in the L.

Launching and rowing thru the gears of an SRT is not easy.

OH, and they don't make either one anymore...

Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning
It's all in the sound, thats whats throwing you off.....
A V-10 is an entirely differant animal, they never sound like their wound up. Although I am a huge Viper Lover (eventually plan to get one), they truly do NOT have the sound we are all acustomed too....
That engine can't hide its true origins. It sounds like a truck because that's exactly where it started from. Basically a 360 truck engine with 2 additional cylinders and later they increased displacement. Audi's or BMW's V-10 doesn't sound like that at all.

In Detroit NAIAS, they had an ACR Viper next to Leno's Pratt & Miller Vette. Probably wasn't the intention but it clearly showed how outdated the Viper was especially with its horrible interior with many pieces straight out of the Neon parts bin. The Viper is built with 80s technology (I'm being generous) and put together like a kit car. Albeit a well built kit car. I visited the plant where they are built. Very, very low tech. That car was cool in the 90s and early this decade with the styling update but it is now sooo outdated compared to anything on the road. Sales are extremely low and no one stocks them. At least Dodge has a performance car to camouflage their decrepit small car platforms. (That's exactly how a Chryco stylist and engineer qualified their car line up to me NAIAS)

The Renault/Nissan purchase can't happen soon enough.

Last edited by TrackBeast; 02-19-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:10 PM
stock vs stock a Ram SRT-10 will beat a Lightning with the same drivers, its just plain faster from the factory

more practical.....**** no!

the Lightning is a much better vehicle for the money, or at least used to be

HAHAHA , good one Stock for Stock an L will win any race up till about a 40mph role; but as we all know rollin' aint racin'. Modded for Modded an L will still win! modded vs. stock L its a close race driver makes the diff!

Originally Posted by lurker
Quote:

Have you driven the SRT? Hell, have you driven an L?

I've driven both and I can say that an average to slightly above average driver is going to be faster in the L.

Launching and rowing thru the gears of an SRT is not easy.

OH, and they don't make either one anymore...
I don't think he's ever even seen either of these two vehicle except in internet pictures and vids.

Quick Reply: RAM SRT 10 Vid - doent it seem kinda slow?