Lightning

New and Excited

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008 | 02:11 PM
very Go to ford and get it done it takes 10 mins...if you dont do it your truck could end up looking like CDBO3STX's Sig only with real flames...there were a few pics of peoples truck that burst into flames because they didnt take it in for the Recall. Brake fluid drips on somethin hott from the cruise control and causes a short then your truck bursts into flames....Ford puts on a fuse and puts a Cover over the wires. Well worth it...and its free! you want to keep your lightning....you dont want a FLAMEING lightning.

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:20 PM
MJG
|
Id be fine for now just disconnecting it ?

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:15 AM
im not sure about that one but i think that would do it for now...why dont you just go to ford its free and takes all of 10 mins.

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:16 PM
MJG
|
Cuz theres a ton of snow and salt out there!! Mine's never seen rain/snow and is stored safely in a heated garage!! Not going to drive it out there to ford for a ten minute fix

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:52 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, Ford told me 1st they would have the parts in Jan2008, well I called and they now say in the Spring of 2008. When I took mine in for the repair, they were going to disconnect it, but my brake reservoir was not leaking/dripping at the time onto the cruse control. SO they told me to keep an eye on it, and IF it starts to leak, disconnect it ASAP.

Old 02-06-2008 | 04:09 PM
MJG
|
Ive been reading up and there may be issues with disconnecting it ourselves, once we go back to ford to replace they may give me the ' well you removed it and now we cant replace' S.O.L.
I have a guy I know who helps out and is a mechanic at a ford dealership, maybe I'll see if he can come by and do it for me

Old 02-06-2008 | 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by MJG
Ive been reading up and there may be issues with disconnecting it ourselves, once we go back to ford to replace they may give me the ' well you removed it and now we cant replace' S.O.L.
I have a guy I know who helps out and is a mechanic at a ford dealership, maybe I'll see if he can come by and do it for me
You can unplug it and tape it up, that's what I've done. I haven't had time to drop my only DD off at the dealership so that's what I did with mine. Everyone else's suggestions are right on the money as well. My first mod was a bassani catback and then a 4lb lower, it was during the summer here in VA so I didn't get a tune right away and was fine. But being in the winter months and also having an intake I'd get a dyno tune along with the install. Happy Modding!!

Quick Reply: New and Excited