Lightning

i know i need extentions with long tube hearder..will these help me not throw a code?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:42 AM
|
Exclamation i know i need extentions with long tube hearder..will these help me not throw a code?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/gmo2s.htm i am ordering those 02 extentions and i was wondering if i got the simulators, would that keep me from throwing a code until i save up to get a sct flash? next paycheck the headers are goin in. i am wrapping them in black header heat wrap this weekend. theres a new gasket the shop uses its a grafite composite...it squishes down when tightened ans then swells up when heated so it locks the standard bolts in place. full satisfaction warranty and then theres a dyno right around the corner...75 bucks..3 pulls..good deal? they are the only one within 45 mins. and they deal with sct tuning. they charge 189 per hour for tuning and said it runs about 3 hours..that a good deal? really need to know about the simulators asap. and again thanks in advanced

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:54 AM
|
sorry for the double post..i did search but all i found was people takling about them on other than lightnings..thats y i am asking. still somewhat wet behind the ears. i'm 23 and just did my first u-joints and driveshaft install. so dont flame me too bad. i'm a work in progress as is my truck. thats y i want the best advice i can get...hence why i'm on here asking you guys. i know most of the things i'm doing can be found from searches...but times do change the products and tips and tricks that are out there

Old 02-07-2008 | 01:27 PM
Wow...

Capital letter are your friend. So are paragraphs.

So the questions are:

1) Should I install O2 simulators?

Answer: No. If you are throwing a lean code or something, you want to know about it, not ignore it.

2) Is header wrap a good idea?

Answer: No opinion from me, the kooks do get hot under the hood though

3) Is $75 for 3 pulls a good dyno price?

Answer: yes, but there's no reason to do a dyno if you aren't doing the tuning (besides bench racing with your friends)

4) Is $567 ($189/hr * 3 hours) a good price for an SCT tune?

Answer: If you are getting the SCT programmer to keep for yourself, yes. If this is just a tune, no, get a mail order chip you'll be fine.

How's that?

Oh, and btw. The entensions should have come with your long tube headers...
Coldie

Old 02-07-2008 | 08:56 PM
|
I know i will throw a lean code b/c i will have headers and the cats are gutted. Just didnt want to see the ses light stay on. The dyno is so i know where i'm at to start. The L has a lil over 100,000 on it and i want to know how far away from stock i am. I didnt get extentions b/c these headers came off a 2002 lightning. the whole exhaut system did... as well as the alum. driveshaft. thank you for your answers and opinions it does help out. Oh and no that wasnt with the sct tuner. i'm guessing that is for them to make a tune...but i know the sct comes with a tune anyway. Didnt think it would be that easy to just get the sct stuff and be done with it. thanks again

Old 02-08-2008 | 05:22 PM
|
so nobody has an opinion on the 02 simulators? i'm waiting to order the extentions and the simulators at the same time. is anyone using them?

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:49 PM
I really don't think you need simulators just extendors for the 02 sensors, as for a lean condition, no, I believe that is an incorrect statement, I believe the truck will run fatter than pre exhaust swap, your going to need a retune to kill the second set of 02's, as for header wrap maybe it would help but I'd just get them Jet coated, done, as for the SCT tuner don't just shop price here, buy the unit from a know Lightning tuner, do some searching and you chose, give them a list of your mods, chances are they've done your combo before, you get what you pay for.

Old 02-08-2008 | 10:07 PM
|
thank you for your in put. with the sct i was goin to go with rpmoutlet.com and get one from them. but i know it wil be a lil while b4 i can get the tuner and didnt want the truck runnin bad while i'm waiting. or mess anything up for that matter.

Old 02-11-2008 | 03:08 PM
Don't gut the cats. It gives you nothing in performance, and you might as well run them.

The simulators won't make you truck run better. You will still be running exactly the same (or worse). The light just won't be on.

Old 02-11-2008 | 06:25 PM
|
the cats were already gutted. and i know they wont make it run better. i was wanting them to trick the cpu into thinking everythign was normal. we'll see how it runs afterwad if it tuns like **** then i'll drive the wifes car for a couple weeks. it gets 30 miles to the gallon so i prob should be driving it anyway that way i can save up the money quicker for everything i want for the L

Quick Reply: i know i need extentions with long tube hearder..will these help me not throw a code?