Lightning

SCT VS Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:15 AM
|
SCT VS Diablo

What do you guys prefer? Right now i have a diablo but the guy thats gonna tune my truck works with SCT and says he would be able to make more power with an SCT cause it gives you more changing options.. What do you guys think. Do you prefer SCT or Diablo ? ?
Thanks

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by SVT-SiNiSTER
What do you guys prefer? Right now i have a diablo but the guy thats gonna tune my truck works with SCT and says he would be able to make more power with an SCT cause it gives you more changing options.. What do you guys think. Do you prefer SCT or Diablo ? ?
Thanks
i used diablo on my old L. Never had any problems, I had a mail tune from Sal before i got it dyno tuned, but from what I've read and people have told me that diablo's canned tunes at first were very aggresive and a lot of engines went to ***** because of it. But like I said I never had any problems with it.

Old 02-08-2008 | 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by SVT-SiNiSTER
Thanks
I tune with both, and the same parameters are available from each brand. I PREFER to tune with SCT because sometimes the Diablo stuff does weird things, but I have tuned plenty of trucks with Diablo over the years.

Old 02-09-2008 | 03:21 PM
Diablo all the way for me, but my opinion is biased

Neither the SCT nor DiabloSport stuff will allow you to make more power than the other, that is specifically controlled by the person building your tune.

The old Predator Lightning tunes were quite aggressive for anything other than the best 93 octane fuel. I ran the old canned pulley tune in my Lightning for a while, but I got a bad batch of 93 once and lost a couple plugs, and that is when I decided to rewrite all of the Predator tunes for the 8r10 revision.

Last edited by onlya377; 02-09-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: SCT VS Diablo