Lightning

Any Lightnings in New Jersey?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Any Lightnings in New Jersey?

Man, I drive around all the time looking for one and I just can't find one. Anybody from NJ?

I went to the NYIAS hoping to sit in a Lightning to see if I fit - the stupid rep wouldn't unlock the door to see if I would fit in it.

Oh well,

Sonic

Old 04-23-2001, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes there are a "few" Lightning in Jersey, but I must admit I rarely see any on the highways, except for the one down the street. Go to All American Ford in Hackensack, you can sit in their's, heck, I even heard that they have a used 99 Lightning for sale!

------------------
2001 Silver Bolt...
Adopted 3/24/01...
Red Line Water Wetter... Wet Okole's... Bedrug... JL Ram Air...
Chipless in NJ

Old 04-23-2001, 08:09 PM
I had my red 2000L in the show at the route 23 automall (formerly Kaytes ford in butler). they had a mustang, thunderbird, and nissan z car show all at this dealer. had to be around 200 or more cars and trucks. the L stole the show. people were all over it with big smiles on their faces. the most frequent comment I heard about the L was that these trucks beat vettes. I love hearing that. anyway it was a great day at the show here in new jersey and the L got all the attention that I expected it to get. later 95rcobra.

Old 04-23-2001, 08:10 PM
You can try Pistilli Ford on Rt. 17. Last time I check 3 weeks ago they had a Blk one in the back.

Andy

Old 04-23-2001, 09:26 PM
Village Ford in Ridgewood has three of them. White and 2 blacks. Chariot Auto in Suffern, NY, right over the border from NJ has a red '99 for sale.

Old 04-23-2001, 09:32 PM
Talking

Thanks for all the input. Question, what is pricing like in NJ/NY? Anyone accept the X-Plan? Anyone deal?

I really like the Lightning. In fact the only holding me back is if I can drive this during Winter Storms? You see, my next vehicle has to be a 24/7/365. I'm not crazy about the gas mileage (I can deal though) but I am more concerned about if I can drive this truck in the snow. It must be a nightmare with all that torque!!

Any comments on all of the above?!

Thanks,

Sonic

Old 04-23-2001, 09:51 PM
Sonic
From NJ here, red 99, drive to work every day (when it's nice). Got mine from Freehold Ford, they pre-sell them or sell them as they come off the truck.

Sorry for the plug- Call Ira, (327)426-3131, he can handle everything over the phone, you wouldn't have to go there, but to get the truck if you want to work it that way.

I'm sure it's driveable with winter tires on it, the stock tires are NOT for snow.
BTW I get around 16 mpg with mine. (I don't granny it either)

Old 04-23-2001, 09:52 PM
Alittle snow, with snow tires,...yes you can drive it. If you have to traverse a lot of steep hills, leave the truck home. A winter storm, forget it. Most dealers, especially the one I mentioned, are at full list price. I wanted an A-plan from the local dealer. It was a definite "NO". I will have to go out of state to get one.

Old 04-24-2001, 01:03 AM
Hey,

I'm in Clifton and I drive all over the place all the time. I've found one other in Clifton (silver 2001), saw a black on in Wayne once (2000) and one on the other side of the highway once. But other then that, havn't run into them.

My dealer sells for over MSRP (Wayne Ford) so I'd pass on them... I know Pistilli and All American Ford sell MSRP, so you might be able to A-Plan it there.

I bought Winter Sport M2's from Michellen for this winter and they worked fine in the snow. I even drove once when it was about 6" on the ground, though you definately have to be gentle on the foot and pretty much every turn is a slight oversteer. I'd avoid it if you could. Blizzak's are a bit nobbier, would probably handle better... I didn't want that low speed rating.

Dan

Old 04-24-2001, 01:06 AM
Oh also, might wanna check out the forums at www.nloc.org and www.svtperformance.com, they both have NJ SVT/Lightning specific forums.

Dan

Old 04-24-2001, 09:35 AM
Cool

Yo guys whats up I'm from NJ. Sussex County if you see a white lightning with clear corners on it its me, we should get together some time boys

------------------
White 99 Lightning
APC Clear corners
APC clear taillights
2 MTX Thunder 8000's
Alpine deck
Infinity 202a amp
Polk DX-7 speakers
Soon to arrive:
Magnaflow exhaust
PSP intake
Billet Grille

Old 04-24-2001, 11:29 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks so much guys for the information. Its a toss up, I really like the Lightning and I really like all of the LS1s. I found out insurance is pretty reasonable either way.

I'll have to print out this thread when I go shopping in a little over a month from now.

Sonic

Quick Reply: Any Lightnings in New Jersey?