Lightning

Speed Sensor Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008 | 01:37 PM
|
Speed Sensor Help

Fellow Lightning freaks...
Needing a bit of help
I've just fitted an aftermarket Clarion 2 Din Head Unit and it neds a Speed Pulse feed so that the Sat Nav part works. Its a Clarion MAX973HD.
I'd recommend it as it fits in the L without a great deal of difficulty, only need to finish it by making up a couple of side inserts. Pics here http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.js...oId=6821313505

I've checked the posts previous and they all seem to mention a cable at the back of the radio for the speed connection for the volume level, but they all refer to the older system with the CD changer behind the seat.
Is the 2004 stock head unit still have the speed controlled volume? If so can I use the cable? If so which one is it?
So many questions, so little time...
Appreciate your thoughts...

PS...We don't get much dealer support over here in Scotland....

Old 02-09-2008 | 04:47 PM
The original radio had two connectors one has 20 pins and one has 16 pins. look at the one that has 20 pins. in the middle row there should be only one wire. It is gray with a pink tracer, this should be a speed sensor signal coming from the computer to signal the speed compensating volume control. This should be what you want.

Old 02-09-2008 | 05:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by chucks bp
The original radio had two connectors one has 20 pins and one has 16 pins. look at the one that has 20 pins. in the middle row there should be only one wire. It is gray with a pink tracer, this should be a speed sensor signal coming from the computer to signal the speed compensating volume control. This should be what you want.
That 20 pin connector was for the old cd changer in the pre in dash 6 disc days.
Do you know if it is still in the wiring harness or did Ford change it when they introduced the in dash changer?

Quick Reply: Speed Sensor Help