Lightning

Weight Savings 101..part 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001 | 01:41 AM
Talking

Ok so we want to move weight to the rear?? Ok heres one way takw all the platic trim piece out of the cab and the carpiet, the pasanger seat out, floor bin in the back,jack- yea throw all that needless crap in the bed, oh yea get a bed cover. relocate battery underneth bed/in bed of truck, remove front sway bar(hell thro that in the bed, headliner in the bed maybe??)
Ok now you want the whole thing lighter??
Take all of this out of the truck: inside trim pieces, passanger seat, carpet, headliner, get a lighter battery move to rear, remove spare, remove hitch, remove talgate, remore headlights, foglights and tailights,remove rear bumper(who needs it?, remove front sway bar, skinnys up front, lite weight slicks inthe rear. remove door panels and peakers and radio hell pull the a/c-(want cold air roll down the window,remove upper and lower grills,carbin fiber hood, carbin fiber driveshaft, fuel cell in the bed, remove old tank, Lighter weight exaust, no cats. Did I miss anything??

[This message has been edited by Burninout101 (edited 04-26-2001).]

Old 04-26-2001 | 08:57 AM
hey burninout 101: i know you tongue is firmly planted in your cheek! but, i removed the air cond. compressor from my 86 saab 9000 turbo 4 dr. sedan to autox and driver school it (moderately modified--12/14 lbs of boost, battery in trunk, etc.). also autox and driver schooled my 91 camaro z281le(low production, a-sedan, trans am. factory race car)--no air (from factory), added weight with a 6-point rollcage to reduce chassis flex. both cars handled well and were fun to drive---except during our middle ga. heat waves--can you say "asphalt-fried eggs?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Burninout101:
Ok so we want to move weight to the rear?? Ok heres one way takw all the platic trim piece out of the cab and the carpiet, the pasanger seat out, floor bin in the back,jack- yea throw all that needless crap in the bed, oh yea get a bed cover. relocate battery underneth bed/in bed of truck, remove front sway bar(hell thro that in the bed, headliner in the bed maybe??)
Ok now you want the whole thing lighter??
Take all of this out of the truck: inside trim pieces, passanger seat, carpet, headliner, get a lighter battery move to rear, remove spare, remove hitch, remove talgate, remore headlights, foglights and tailights,remove rear bumper(who needs it?, remove front sway bar, skinnys up front, lite weight slicks inthe rear. remove door panels and peakers and radio hell pull the a/c-(want cold air roll down the window,remove upper and lower grills,carbin fiber hood, carbin fiber driveshaft, fuel cell in the bed, remove old tank, Lighter weight exaust, no cats. Did I miss anything??

[This message has been edited by Burninout101 (edited 04-26-2001).]
</font>

Quick Reply: Weight Savings 101..part 1