Lightning

Kooks or Toyos?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
MJG
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kooks or Toyos?!

Only have 11,790.7 kms on my L, original F1's. Had a screw in the rear left sidewall just before I stored it. Got it plugged for now, gives me an excuse to order a new set of rubbers before i bring it out in a couple months. Im not a track fiend, in the summers it shares a daily driver role with my 98 f150. Looking for a good set of rubbers that can hook up when need be but last longer than the F1's. I heard the hankooks weren't bad, same with toyos, not interested in the nittos. Any other ideas/thoughts or best place to order? Im in Canada, keep that in mind...

Old 02-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the toyos and will never buy them again. i had to buy them because my tires were worn out and i had an open track event, so i needed tires in a hurry, and the toyos were the only ones in town in the L size.

they wear well because they are harder than f1's or nittos, but have less grip. that is the trade off.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:57 PM
i bought the kooks and am very pleased with them, they are harder rubber than the f1s and the nittos but they seem to do well for me. when the road its hot things tend to stick even better so i cant wait til summer with mine. they have done great in the cold winter dry and they did well in the snow...100x better than the f1s i had lol. as for the wet, u can spin em when u want, but if ur goin straight and boost it up, they will hold better than my f1s. thats just personal experience, im sure others will have different things to say.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Well it all depends on what you mean by "hook up." Generally speaking, the harder the tire the longer lasting they will be, but will hook less than a softer tire.

Treadwear

Toyo Proxes = 420
F1 and Nitto 555 = 300
Nitto 555r = 100
M/T ET Street Radial = 000

With that said, I have Toyo's and they do just fine for street use.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
MJG
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya i totally understand the treadwear and softness issue. the VERY first time i drove my L home, when i pulled in the driveway, stepped out...BAM screw right in the sidewall, not even 2 hours after i owned it, damn goodyears. I have been leaning towards the kooks for awhile and found a set of 4 new for $625, just waiting on the shipping quote

Old 02-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Ive got the toyos and i love them, had nitto's...they suck. ive cut low 1.80
60' times on my toyos

Quick Reply: Kooks or Toyos?!