Lightning

What weld rims do I get?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001 | 02:02 PM
|
? you could always save more weight removing that fiberglass bed shell that you could from any lighter wheels! Cheaper too.

I'm sure you could get dymag to make some custom magnesium wheels for you.

Old 05-02-2001 | 03:12 PM
Well that's what I'm doing now when I get serious. Everything comes off, the cover, tailgate, spare tire, hitch, and speaker box inside. I'm even thinking about getting a plastic seat for the track that I can use instead of the factory ones.

Think about it, they say you gain about 1 tenth for every 100 pounds. shave off 500 pounds and you should be able to gain half a second.

then once I get the rims, put some new tubular lower and upper control arms on, take off the sway bars, and lets fly.

Old 05-02-2001 | 03:22 PM
gp
look at the prostar xp wheel at their web site.i think since they dont make a crager ss to fit our truck thats what im going with.

Old 05-02-2001 | 03:30 PM
From: Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City) - Soon to be Ft. Worth, TX
I'm new to all this weight saving stuff, but would removing your mirros help with aerodynamics as well as weight? They probably weigh 10 lbs a piece, or I am guessing.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning
#2798 of 4966
Born on date: May 9, 2000
Email: ColinMBurns@hotmail.com

Mods: SnugLid, 20% tint, Airraid, Slush Mats

My Zing Album:
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292724199

Old 05-02-2001 | 03:43 PM
The side mirrors.

I'm not about to take my mirrors off at the track, I don't want to look that deperate, even though I am, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I really don't think the mirrors would help that much. maybe .001.

upper and lower control arms and new light weight aluminum rims could save us well over 200 pounds I bet. thats 2 tenths.

then again I went to the track last saturday and made my first run in full trim, and went 12.77, then I took off the bed cover and tailgate and ran a tad slow then before. Now some say it could be from no traction, but trust me I had plenty of traction with the et streets on there. I'm think it was from the tempature that day. On the first run it was about 60 degrees and by the time I took everything off it was well over 80 degrees and maybe 85. so I think the temp had a huge effect on my times.

going back this weekend so we'll se what happens.

------------------

Old 05-03-2001 | 12:06 AM
Post What weld rims do I get?????

I can't help it but I hate how heavy the american racing rims are.

has anybody done any weld rims on there trucks yet. I was looking threw the mag's and I found the draglites in a 5 on 135mm pattern, but whats with the 16.5 inch size.

what kind of rims do you guys run and how much do they weigh.

I'm going to try and make this pig lighter. 4600 isn't light enough. 4000 would be better.

------------------

Quick Reply: What weld rims do I get?????