Lightning

New transmission installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001 | 04:07 PM
|
Post New transmission installed

Walnut Creek Ford just called to let me know that the new transmission has been installed in my 2000L. It had a goofy 2-3 shift and I had Ford check it at 300 miles. Recently, it got worse at about 11,000 miles and they decided to replace it.

If you listen closely to the Buttonwillow or other videos I've posted, there is a unusual slip on the 2-3 shift that is audible. The RPM's raise and then drop.

As usual, the service rep I dealt with had the Lightning washed and detailed. Theresa frequently made sure that my last truck, a white F250HD was washed and detailed prior to me picking it up.

------------------
Regards,
George
george@spikeengineering.com
http://www.spikeengineering.com
---------
Red 2000 Lightning, #4033

White 1996 Whippet (600 yard course, 6 turns: 40 Seconds)
Red Wheaton 1995 Ridgeback (1/2 loaf of bread, 6 bites, 4 seconds)
New addition:
2001 RR Puppy: 0 to stumble - next two months

Old 05-02-2001 | 09:25 PM
Red face

I to have a "goofy" 2-3 shift that I can't get anyone to acknowledge is out of the ordinary.
Normal acceleration...shift point @ 3K..audibly notice and feel a initial crisp shift into 3rd, and then a "slip" for about 1 to 1.25 seconds untill it is fully engaged.You can notice on the tach the initial drop in rpm's, and corresponding to the audible "slip", there is another 300-350 rpm drop before full egagement into 3rd. WOT is even worse. My 2000 has 7K on the odo and I've noticed this since about 4K but the dealer(Bill Currie in Tampa) says they can't find anything out of the ordinary. This after they had it / and drove it, quite a while. BTW the 1-2 shift is, and has always been, damn hard. I have no chip or any other perf mods as of yet. What should I do?

Old 05-02-2001 | 10:34 PM
|
That's the EXACT problem I had. What do I suggest? Drive it to Walnut Creek Ford. They'll take care of it.

Directions from Florida: Take 10 West. Turn right at Los Angeles.

Spike

Quick Reply: New transmission installed