Lightning

Anyone got wiring documentation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2001 | 02:14 PM
|
Question Anyone got wiring documentation?

I'm going to install a new alarm system this weekend and I have a document that tells what each wire is for but it only contains enough information for a typical alarm installation. I wanted to know if any of you have something that detailed other wiring in the truck. I caught hell last night trying to find what wire activates the door lights when the door is opened, I finally found it but I sure would of liked to have something to tell me that in the first place.

Thanks,
Adam
01 Black Lightning - JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

Old 05-03-2001 | 02:18 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Adam:

What alarm are you installing?

Rich

Old 05-03-2001 | 02:20 PM
|
Rich,

It's called the Python, it's a step up from the Viper. Has all the bells and whistles, doesn't look to be that bad but I'd like to have complete wiring documentation.

You going to be at the car show this weekend? I got some new goodies to show off.

Adam

[This message has been edited by DJANIMATE (edited 05-03-2001).]

Old 05-03-2001 | 02:37 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Deej:

I've got a Chilton that has the standard F150 diagrams in it. ToyMan sent me a diagram for the PCM connection. I'll see if I can find it for you. Are you doing remote start? Auto windows?

Won't be at the show this weekend. Truck is still apart. Started the seat conversion and console. The dash won't be back until next week.

Rich

Old 05-03-2001 | 02:47 PM
|
Big "R",

That would be cool if you can find that, in the meantime I'll swing by an auto parts store and pick up a Chiltons. I wasn't aware that they had those already, it always seemed like it took about a decade before they printed something for newer models. Your up to all kinds of mods lately and you already have me trying to play catchup. Looks like I'll just have to quit my job and do mods full time, wait..then I wouldn't have any money to do mods DOH!

As for the alarm, I'm at least going to do remote start but I don't know about the windows yet. I have my keypad on order and I'm going to try and rig up something that will let me disarm the alarm system from it. One crappy thing about remote start is you loose a key, a special adapter holds one somewhere in the dash for it to work and those keys aren't cheap.

Adam
01 Black Lightning - JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

Old 05-03-2001 | 02:58 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
The extra key thing is weird. Viper 550ESP didn't require one....

Let me know if you're able to do the keypad with the aftermarket alarm. The keypad would be back on the "mod" list for me...

Rich

Old 05-03-2001 | 03:18 PM
|
Rich,

Did the 99's come with a chip in the key? that's why you have to leave a key in the dash because it has to read the chip order to start. I didn't know you had a viper, I would of asked to check it out last time I saw you. Did you do it yourself or have it installed? Just seeing if there's anything I should know before they find a charred body laying upside down in the drivers seat of a Black Lightning this weekend.

Adam

Old 05-03-2001 | 03:36 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Adam:

The 99's do have the chip in the key.

The vehicle will start but can't be put into gear without the key. If you even touch the brake, the truck dies...

Rich

Old 05-03-2001 | 04:08 PM
Adam, You've got mail.

Old 05-03-2001 | 04:14 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Ron:

Did you just send him the PCM diagram? If so, could you send me another.

Thanks, man...

Rich

Quick Reply: Anyone got wiring documentation?