'01 Red Lightning Ordered 11/30/00
Built On 2/20/01
Arrived at Dealer 3/19/01
Picked Up 4/5/01
Mods:
Downey SST
BedRug

Old 05-03-2001 | 07:11 PM
We had a problem similar to this about a month ago. The motor developed a light tapping noise and got worse. It finially got so bad we took it to the dealer. They changed a few things but with no avail. So they called Ford and got a new motor. The new motor (is a 2001 motor but not a 2001 intake) is in the truck now running extremely strong for only haveing 400 miles on it.

------------------

SVTPerformance.com
BOARD MODERATOR:
-Nitrous/Forced Induction
-Dynos, Time slips, and best ETs

Houston Area Lightning Owners

Old 05-03-2001 | 10:34 PM
|
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by '01ArrestMeRed:

I dont have any bolt ons on my truck,Mine is all stock
</font>
12.9@105mph.?

Some things are are just understood

Old 05-03-2001 | 10:41 PM
|
So far the understanding is that they are gonna give me a COMPLETE 2001 engine and just extend the wires because I showed a GREAT concern about grenading the new motor if and when........I mean 'when' the old style intercooler lets go.I dont even want another motor in my truck but If i do,I will MAKE sure it has the new intercooler or i will call my lawyer and will make them buy it back.It can be done and it will be if I get ANY resistance from my dealer.You got to remember,I am the one whos truck was seen with the tires smoking in the parking lot by the cleaning kids.I had a lawsuit in my lap and chose to keep the truck.I didnt have to
I will not play dealer games,Thats what a lawyer is for.It will cost me $1000 to get a 31k truck taken care of if i choose to go that route.I have been "understanding" so far but if the bull***** starts,It will end even faster.

Old 05-03-2001 | 10:56 PM
I was looking through the FAQs about the piston slap and noticed that all the posts concerning this topic were posted in the spring and summer months. Also what motor oil are you using, it seems like after I switched to synthetic the piston slap became louder.

Quick Reply: KA BOOM !!!goes the motor.