Lightning

Dyno chart with boost bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno chart with boost bypass?

Anyone have a dyno chart with the boost bypass? Does it really change? Just curious.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The boost "bypass" has nothing to do with the amount of boost. It just stops the computer from killing boost if it sees a failsafe mode.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh ok, sorry i still havent fully understand the supercharge system. I have usually sticked with N/A engines! But can you explain of the failsafe mode system and wats the point of having it.

Last edited by ace1_123; 03-09-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ace1_123
Oh ok, sorry i still havent fully understand the supercharge system. I have usually sticked with N/A engines! But can you explain of the failsafe mode system and wats the point of having it.
There are several "failsafes" that if the PCM sees, it will kill boost so that power output will be reduced to lessen the chance of engine failure. These are things like engine overtemp, excessive misfire, etc, etc. However, one of the failsafes, is called brake torque. That's if the PCM sees the brake pedal depressed, at the same time as a high throttle position. Sound familiar? That's a burnout . In the early days, if you did a burnout, and then tried to make a WOT pass, the truck would hit failsafe mode and kill boost.

Most tunes disable the boost solenoid though, so the "kits" are really useless if you have a tune.

Quick Reply: Dyno chart with boost bypass?