Lightning

not running right

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008 | 01:36 AM
|
not running right

ok so i got my exhaust installed last weekend. today i went out and bought the O2 sensor extensions because i didnt have them when i needed them last weekend so i left my O2 sensors unplugged under the truck. well when i finally plugged them in today the truck started to run like ****, it was fine when i was on the accelerator but it kept trippin over itself at idle. it seemed to want to bog down and almost stall out like it was either gettin too much fuel or not enough. so i added fuel with the tuner, then went to the other extreme and took it out. both times it still did the same thing, and it would take and raise the idle to about 1k when just sitting there sometimes without me touchin the pedal. i kno this is deff not normal but im stumped cuz i turned off all the sensors in my tuner, then i had them all on and that didnt change anything either, but as soon as i unplug them again, truck runs like a raped ape and is fine. anyone have any ideas on what could be goin on??? obviously i cant take it to any dealership cuz nobody has a brain when it comes to these things, the owners themselves are the master techs especially when they get modded up. Oh and it would throw a consistant code of P0138 if that would help to see what the issue could be.

Old 03-14-2008 | 02:23 AM
Dang it. That pesky CarDomain logo is back.

Old 03-14-2008 | 11:51 AM
|
anyone?

Old 03-16-2008 | 12:32 AM
|
ok so i changed the one o2 sensor and that seemed to fix my problem, but now i have a new one, i get this small hesitation when driving, like one of the cylinders is cuttin in and out, its not rough or anything, just a small misfire it seems, but i cant tell where, it hasnt thrown any codes or any lights at all, and i deff dont want to pull all the plugs and check them because its not all the time so one cant be dead. it doesnt get worse when i boost or anything either like the last time i had a plug go and i dropped a cylinder. any ideas? could this be related to running with no cats, everything seems to have changed when i put on the longtube headers and mids with no cats.

Quick Reply: not running right