Lightning

Help Selling Truck on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Selling Truck on Ebay

Going to be putting my truck up for sale and i have some questions if any of you can help.

How do you handle bill of sale and title transfer if someone is going to send a carrier to pick the truck up?

Also, is there any kind of warranty that must be upheld? Do internet sales abide by state laws?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Don, Who have you been? I hope married life is treating you well. As for title transfer I believe the info is on the back of the title but I'd contact my local DMV to nail down the details, typically it's very easy, as for funds I'd have a transfer right to my bank, the bank can provide you with the info for a wire transfer and you avoid all the possible BS with check's, certified or otherwise, I'd used this method and it works flawless as for warranty, ah-no, your truck is a 2K, correct? unless you have an extended warranty thats transferable that ship has sailed, as for out of state pickup that needs to be worked out with your new owner but needless to say I have all other details/funds/title worked out ahead of time, I've heard more than once about Big Dog Transportation providing excellent service, as for internet sales and state laws, no idea, but when you buy or sell a vehicle "as is" I believe it's buyer beware.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:05 PM
hey Todd

I've just been working and stashing money trying to buy a house. I know i'm going to regret selling the truck, but the fact remains i just don't have the time i used to , to take care of it the way I like to. I don't drive it in the rain or snow and with gas prices and the fact i moved further from my job, it's just become a choice of having a nice truck that i rarely drive and never even go to the track with anymore vs an every day driver and some extra cash left to pay a few bills. I can't even really have the fun driving it that i used to because i moved to a small town where the cops have nothing better to do but look for a loud red sporty looking truck to harrass. My truck fits the bill. I spend more time coasting around then i do on the throttle. I have a company vehicle right now but i'd be better off to give it up for the pay in my check every week.

I just don't want some turd to bolt a 200 shot kit on, go to the track and blow the thing up and I get a phone call that he wants a new motor.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Don, Your not the only one selling a vehicle to help finance the rest of your life, just look in the classifieds, a home is a far better investment than go fast parts, once again refer to the classifieds for a private sale the vehicle should be sold as is, period, the buyer takes all responsablity for the vehicle purchased, I would have as much documentation as posible, oil changes, recalls, performance mods ect... and I'd have a local Ford dealer do a compression check and keep copies of everything, all the orginals go with the truck as does any take off parts.

As for needing a DD, I have a company vehicle as well but I also have a 2006 Jeep Commander which is the household dare I say beater-mall runs, weekend car, kid carrier- you get the idea with a 200HP 4.7 liter, 11-13 mpg, I don't drive it very often nor far and I constantly at the pump and as such am constantly bitching, 40 bucks here, 50 there for a vehicle I never drive

I sold a beautiful 67' Chevelle SS 396 350HP and a almost new 92' 5.0 LX-at a lost I might add to get into my first home and cover the extra remodeling costs, I lived on Cheereos and mac and cheese for a year and only had access to the company car as I couldn't cover the expense of another vehicle, and was it worth it , yes, I miss the Chevelle but two homes later I'm in a far better financial position and now I have the L' it may not look like it to you now but it worth it.

Last edited by todd abbott; 04-20-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Keep it as you WILL regret it...
Here is your fuel economy fix-> about 13k new

Old 04-21-2008, 11:39 AM
They have sold their entire allocation for 2008 and are trying to get it increased.

Chrysler dealers were offered the Smart but unanimously replied that there was no market for this car. Now Chryco are closing nearly 50% of their dealerships. Lol

Penske who has Smart dirstribution is laughing all the way to the bank.

Canada has had the Smart for 5 years and I never heard a complaint other than they get more stares than 100K sports cars.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
Going to be putting my truck up for sale and i have some questions if any of you can help.

How do you handle bill of sale and title transfer if someone is going to send a carrier to pick the truck up?

Also, is there any kind of warranty that must be upheld? Do internet sales abide by state laws?
In my case, buyer wired money to my bank.. I put the signed title in the truck when the carrier picked it up.

And warranty? As-is used... nothing more to consider.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
. . . I never heard a complaint other than they get more stares than 100K sports cars.
Right, but all stares are not good. People will stare if you walk down the street with the head of a Chihuahua stuffed up your butt, but that's not a good stare.

100K sports car stare: "Damn that's hot."

Smart Car stare: "Damn that's tiny. What happens if it gets hit by an SUV?"

Old 04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s

Take a look, Tim you are correct. The car can take a licking...but it appears that people might not walk away from a crash at 70 mph.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by E-luzion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s

Take a look, Tim you are correct. The car can take a licking...but it appears that people might not walk away from a crash at 70 mph.
5th gear did a test with a Mercedes S class and BMW 7 series, which are arguably the safest in the industry, in a head on collision at only 50mph. The concensus was that nobody could ever survive such a collision. Even if the car managed, your organs would be re-located.

In terms of offset collision at only 40mph and cabin integrity, our generation F-150 is one of the worst vehicles on the road, despite its 4700lbs. In that respect the Smart car with its full caged in cabin is far superior.

"In a June 4, 2001 press release, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety issued a press release containing it's first crash test results for large pickups more than 3500 lbs. The results showed that the Ford F-150 by far performed the worst of the four trucks tested. The release stated that "the best performer in a 40 mph frontal offset crash test was the Toyota Tundra, which is rated good. By far the worst performer was the Ford F-150, which is rated poor. The Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra is rated marginal, and the Dodge Ram is poor."

Take a look at the cabin. And that was only at 40mph.

http://www.leasetips.com/f150crashtest.htm

Old 04-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
Right, but all stares are not good. People will stare if you walk down the street with the head of a Chihuahua stuffed up your butt, but that's not a good stare.

100K sports car stare: "Damn that's hot."

Smart Car stare: "Damn that's tiny. What happens if it gets hit by an SUV?"

In my area, 911 turbos are everywhere and every third car is a Mercedes, BMW or other exotic hardware. Many of those cars is so common that they don't get a second look. The Smart has been around for 4 or 5 years, still really stands out and generates more smiles (in a good way) than any cars.

I've driven one. Lots of room, even for really big guys and requires only half a parking space. Its the perfect city car. I suspect that in L.A., it may become the darling of tree huggers, granola bar eaters and image conscious people just like the Prius did.

In many cities around the world, its the one person in an 8000lb 4x4 SUV who gets the Chihuahua up the butt look. And rightly so...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 PM
5th gear did a test with a Mercedes S class and BMW 7 series, which are arguably the safest in the industry, in a head on collision at only 50mph. The concensus was that nobody could ever survive such a collision. Even if the car managed, your organs would be re-located.

In terms of offset collision at only 40mph and cabin integrity, our generation F-150 is one of the worst vehicles on the road, despite its 4700lbs. In that respect the Smart car with its full caged in cabin is far superior.

"In a June 4, 2001 press release, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety issued a press release containing it's first crash test results for large pickups more than 3500 lbs. The results showed that the Ford F-150 by far performed the worst of the four trucks tested. The release stated that "the best performer in a 40 mph frontal offset crash test was the Toyota Tundra, which is rated good. By far the worst performer was the Ford F-150, which is rated poor. The Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra is rated marginal, and the Dodge Ram is poor."

Take a look at the cabin. And that was only at 40mph.

Yea right, I put a Lightning head on through a telephone pole at 70mph, broke the telephone pole in three pieces, spun around backwards and landed 7 feet down in a creek and walked away not one scratch (no seatbelt either).

Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
Yea right, I put a Lightning head on through a telephone pole at 70mph, broke the telephone pole in three pieces, spun around backwards and landed 7 feet down in a creek and walked away not one scratch (no seatbelt either).
I'm not saying it did poorly in all conditions. It is still a 4700 lb solidly built truck. The Heritage F-150 did well on a frontal head on crash. It was the offset frontal crash that caused the major collapse of the passenger compartment.

Take a look at the pictures.

This was the major reason why Ford added significant structural reinforcement to the new F-150.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:36 AM
tallimeca - have a question, how much u selling ur truck for?

Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Denis, my point was just that "stares" are not all good. I see a lot of talk about that in car circles, I just just have to laugh half the time. If you paint a big pink bulldog on the side of your car, you will attract attention, but it's Bad Attention.

When I see Smarts here in L.A., I am equally amused and disgusted. Just like a Prius.

. . . I've driven one. Lots of room, even for really big guys and requires only half a parking space. Its the perfect city car. I suspect that in L.A., it may become the darling of tree huggers, granola bar eaters and image conscious people just like the Prius did. . . .
I'm actually thinking of a Smart for my third car (DD) to complement the Lightning (pure toy) and 300C SRT8 (gashog luxo-tourer). Could a 6'6", 300 lb guy really fit safely into a Smart?

And by "safely," I mean not touching anything. Even in a last-gen Merc C-class, my shoulder was against the B pillar. In a side impact, that shoulder would be broken immediately.

BTW, the footwell intrusion can be a beotch. As I learned when I sent my 79 Accord head-on into a 6-foot diameter tree (thankfully, rotten) at 80 or so, and was taken away with a broken ankle on one side, compound fractures on the other foot, cracked ribs, and the imprint of

on my chest for a month.

The passenger compartment was mostly OK, but the entire engine/tranny unti came into the cab and crushed my legs. F*ck that. Big guys and small cars are not a great mix.

"I don't like small cars
or real big women,
but somehow I seem to
find myself in 'em."

-- Kid Rock

Quick Reply: Help Selling Truck on Ebay