Lightning

What muffler do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a flowmaster on my original 99 and it sounded like crap.

I have a dual in and out magnaflow with 3 inch converters and it sounds quite decent. It can have some drone to it inside the cab, but I would think that about any of these mufflers would.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 PM
funny you say that........

well, i have headers, high flows, and the JDM silver bullet. Had the catback first, then did the headers. The truck is real loud. I mean real loud. I have loved and defended it on the boards here forever, but i've had a change of heart. Recently, i realized it's way too loud inside the cab and it's really getting annoying to me to be honest. I road in my dad's lightning the other day, which has the full JDM exhaust with the larger magnaflow mufflers, and it sounds just as good outside, but you can actually hear the blower whine from inside the truck, which you can't in mine to save your life. You can barely hear the stereo and putting in the center console made it even louder.

Just my opinion but since my pipes from my mufflers to the tips are rotting (supposed to be stainless steel), i'm going to change the mufflers and pipes out.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tallimeca
. . . You can barely hear the stereo and putting in the center console made it even louder. . . .
Made what louder?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 PM
in cab noise

the full front bench did help cut down on the in cab resignation of the exaust. When I put the 2 bucket seats in and the center console, it was definetely louder inside the truck. Actually, it was loud enough that when i went and sat in the truck and started it to move it after i was done, i actually was like......holy crap.......

If i'm in my truck with the radio off and windows up, i can't talk on my phone because the people i'm on the phone with can barely hear me.....

Old 05-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Dynomax Bullet mufflers.

Quick Reply: What muffler do you like?