Lightning

Ahh...the list...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001 | 04:01 PM
|
Unhappy Ahh...the list...

I love my truck, I wouldn't trade it for the world and I have a hard time not having it for more then a few days, so, the few "warranty" issues I need fixed have been starting to build as I fear bringing my truck in. (I would miss it so!)...

So, looks like its finally gotten to the point where I can't wait anymore. Things have to get fixed...here's my list:

1. Leaking intercooler. (was hoping the new one would be out by now)
2. Driver side seat foam (I don't really have a line, but you can feel the bar now)
3. Driver side window (Something wrong in there, it clunks repeadedly when it is all the way down)
4. Door crack (Its obvious now on the driver side, passenger side shows no crack yet)
5. A/C stopped working. (Last night, in the coldest position it was blowing air warmer then it was outside)
6. Cruise control lights (the on/off on the steering wheel no longer lights up)

*sigh* I don't know what I'm going to do with myself while my truck is away...I'm going to have to go drive some regular car or something...aaagh.

Everything else is holding up good... I did the full Zaino treatment last week before the Hooters get together, the truck looks fantastic... Can't wait until June 3rd for the next auto-x race.

I wish they had a Lightning loaner for while your truck was in service.

Daniel

PS --
I have noticed that since the intercooler started leaking, sometimes the engine cranks a little extra to start and I can smell the antifreeze burnoff...I'm running an 80/20 water/coolant mixture.

Old 05-25-2001 | 04:15 PM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Hey, I hear what you mean, I am coming up on 30k quick. We have a lot of imilar problems.

1)intercooler, you must have a leaky one if you want to be a part of the G2 Lightning club.

2) My seat is fine, its just a little more worn on the outside edge.

3)Mine clunks a little too. I'd rather havea couple clunks than a whole bunch of rattles.

4)Also a memeber of the door crack club, but I have an ace up my sleeve, bought the "paint protection" scam from Ford, now I am gonna cash in on it.

5)My A/C stopped working too, turns out it was just out of the freon gas or whatever, the body shop guys didnt fill it back up.

6)My cruise control lights on the steering wheel work, but the little light in the dash doesnt work, it hasnt since about 2k miles.

7) You forgot about the front end clunk.

As far as smelling the antifreeze, you might have the #4 coil pack problem, not the intercooler leak. The intercooler leak is internal, and the one you are describing is external, ehnce the smell, and the longer to crank to get it started, since the fluid drips onto the #4 coil pack. I think

LAter!

Old 05-25-2001 | 05:15 PM
Well, I have no IC problem yet, but I do have the window clunk you mention. They have supposedly already looked at it once to fix it but it still does it. It doesnt worry me that much though. The seats still look ok. All guages/aights seem to be working, but the Auto-Lamp sensor didnt work from the factory and had to be replaced. Also, the rear tail-light was replaced because it was trapping water behind the lens. And of course, front-end clunk/alignment/etc.

Old 05-26-2001 | 01:34 PM
|
I figured its my intercooler because before I changed to the 80/20 mix, sometimes I would puff a little white out the exhaust...

I have Herb's washers, so theres no front end clunk for me...

Strangely, my A/C is working today. I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet.

Daniel

Old 05-26-2001 | 02:01 PM
Not a lightning guy but....

On pop's old '95 PSD 250 the A/c quite working a bunch of times... It kept blowing the fuse. Reccomended fuse was a 15 AMP so I threw in a 30... figured if it burned it burned and we would get a 99 Superduty hehe...

Disclaimer:

The 7.3 Turbo was a lemon from the factory and we were trying to sell it to the insurance company any way we could (if you know what I mean )... Left us on the road 11 times in the last 2 mos we owned it... so we were desperate to get rid of it.

------------------
2001.5 SuperCrew XLT 4X4 (Gen III)
Silver Clearcoat Metallic
Deep Wedgewood Blue (accent)
5.4L V8
Chrome Tubular Step Bars (Ford)
Captains Chairs
Power Moonroof
3.55 LS
6750 GVWR
Class III Towing Pkg

Mods:
Harley Davidson Exhaust
'01 Lightning Head/Tail Lamps
Pioneer DEH-9200r
Boston Acoustic Components & 5X7s
Box Liner (Ford)
Splashguards (Ford)
Bug Defector Doubles as Rock and Sand/Salt Deflector in these snowy Canadian winters
K&N Air Filter

To Come:
17" Rims/Tires w/ BFG A/T or ProComps
WMS Velocity Tube
Radio Delay Mod
Eurolights

Old 05-26-2001 | 03:40 PM
Remember Paint is a Warranty covered thing and they are required to fix it right. So if it doesn't match up or they do a crap job depending on your lemon law you could eventually get a new truck or a new paint job completly. Factory defects like cracking paint aren't good.

=(

Mike

------------------
2001 Lightning
(Recv. Date 05/18/2001)
Color: Oxford White
Options: Tonneau Cover
Mods: None

Old 05-26-2001 | 04:32 PM
HEY OMG I always meant to ask, are the on and off on the column SUPPOSED to light up? They are the only thing across my whole dash space that doesn't but I have a hard time remembering if they ever did.....But they don't
CA

Old 05-26-2001 | 04:34 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLightninSVTGirl:
HEY OMG I always meant to ask, are the on and off on the column SUPPOSED to light up? They are the only thing across my whole dash space that doesn't but I have a hard time remembering if they ever did.....But they don't
CA
</font>

It should when its OFF. It should be amber and light up OFF.

Mike

------------------
2001 Lightning
(Recv. Date 05/18/2001)
Color: Oxford White
Options: Tonneau Cover
Mods: None

Old 05-26-2001 | 06:04 PM
Hey Dan...Time to DO what I did!!!LOL

------------------
1999 Black Lightning... 1940 of 4000... Traded for: 2001 Silver Bolt... Adopted 3/24/01... Red Line Water Wetter... Wet Okole's... Bed Rug... JL Stage II Ram air... Chipless in Jersey

Old 05-26-2001 | 07:02 PM
These are alot of problems for such new trucks. And its not like you all dont take care of them. They are ya children almost, Just seems like alot of issues for such a expensive truck. Maybe its just me.

------------------
2001 Lightning (stock for now)
2000 Ford Excursion
2000 Ducati 996 SPS (for sale)

Old 05-26-2001 | 07:32 PM
not really, compared to the old muscle cars of the sixties these trucks are terrific.

Old 05-26-2001 | 08:41 PM
|
Twiztid, Christy is talking about the steering wheel, not the dash.

Yes, they are supposed to be lit up. It is a small LED... I opened mine up and saw it isn't working. Dealer needs to fix it, you can't "change the bulb".

My A/C didn't seem to blow the fuse, because it was working today without me touching anything...most strange.

Gator -- What did you do?

Daniel

Old 05-26-2001 | 09:14 PM
Question

are these trucks '01s or '99s and '00s?

Old 05-27-2001 | 01:05 AM
|
Mines a 2000...the only 2001 problem I know of is the front end clunk...

Herb's washers would fix it.

Daniel

Old 05-27-2001 | 10:53 AM
Dan I traded it for my 2001 Silver Lightning. The one with the SVT Bra on it at Hooters last sunday. NO problems yet, no clunk, no leak. Bruce

------------------
1999 Black Lightning... 1940 of 4000... Traded for: 2001 Silver Bolt... Adopted 3/24/01... Red Line Water Wetter... Wet Okole's... Bed Rug... JL Stage II Ram air... Chipless in Jersey

Quick Reply: Ahh...the list...