Lightning

Intercooler Pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008 | 10:22 AM
|
Intercooler Pump

Hey guys,

I think I may have found the problem to my low exhaust note. It would appear that my intercooler pump has been working on and off. I think it may be going bad.

Where do you guys get your intercooler pumps form?

Let me know.

Old 05-15-2008 | 01:16 PM
I would do a subject-line only search for "intercooler pump" (with quotes) first.

Old 05-15-2008 | 01:40 PM
DMP sells a high quality aftermarket Meziere pump kit just for this reason. Maybe try calling them? Stan

Old 05-15-2008 | 06:01 PM
|
Tim Skelton,

I did that and came up with a tread that suggested cleaning the pump. I did that and my truck is a whole new monster: banana: I think the pump was working then stop so I would loose power. But now whoo hoo it’s great. Spent the whole day on the truck doing odd things.

I cleaned and greased the idler pulleys and cleaned the throttle body. I have a slight whistle when I accelerate, will look at that over the weekend.

Old 05-15-2008 | 06:04 PM
I figured since you were on a remote island that giving repairs a try first would be the way to go. Glad it worked out.

I'm thinking of getting the Meziere Stan mentioned. Just because I like overkill.

Old 05-15-2008 | 06:39 PM
|
Tim,

If you do let me know how it works out. I ordered a pair of magnaflow HiFlow cats from Troyer performance yesterday, I hope they sound good with my magnaflow muffler (not cat back). Any comments here?

When I get some more cash will consider getting a bassani Bx.

Old 05-17-2008 | 07:34 PM
|
Deionised Water

Hey Guys,

I have recently cleaned the supercharger pump and my truck is running really strong again. I have ordered some new plugs just in case they might have gotten damaged because of excess heat in the combustion chamber, does not know if that make sense but will change them anyway.

I spilled some on the coolant during the cleaning of the pump and went to get distilled water to replace it; however I only could find "deionised" water. Is this the same as "distilled" water?

I did purchase it but have not added it to the reservoir before hearing from you guys.

Old 05-18-2008 | 01:25 AM
|
Anyone

Old 05-18-2008 | 04:51 AM
Deionized is not the same as distilled.

Deionized SHOULd be fine if I recall my basic chemistry right...

(distilled is boiled and then condensed, thus making it pure water, dionized has all of the stray ions removed, thus there shouldn't be any corrosion).

Quick Reply: Intercooler Pump