Lightning

A site to cry over

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:05 PM
|
Thumbs down A site to cry over

Saw something this afternoon at the mall that would make any lightning owner cry.

Picture a 2001(pretty sure by the lights front/rear) with a ladder rack bolted to the side of the bed on both sides.I mean large bolts(6)clean through. Then I saw the air compressor bolted through the bed of the truck again with these monsterous bolts sticking up. No bed liner or spray in liner at all. There was a open bag of concrete, nails, plumbing parts, shovels, picks and etc all thrown in the bed. There was one chrome toolbox that I`m pretty sure was bolted down too on the side. Looked like it spent most part of the week in the mud-pits at some construction site packing the wheel wells and coating all the ground effects. Quick glance at inside showed it looked about the same with mud/dirt and trash all over floors, dash and interior panels.
Scratches in the sides especially in the back were very pronounced and in large numbers. This thing also had numerous dents and dings in it along with a busted front spoiler(even the fog light was gone)
I don`t own a lightning and I know trucks are used for hauling stuff but it was hard to look at a nice performance truck like that being treated like it was a normal everyday beater. Don`t think it will be around long if the use its getting now continues, at least not in the sense of a nice lightning.
Kind of made me sick to look at it like that and even my 7 yr old son was kinda disappointed about it

------------------
2000 F150 SC, XLT, Bright Red/Silver 4x2,Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS,CD, sliding rear window, Tow package,Captains chairs,Remote Entry, Ford Bedliner, molded splash guards,Stainless step bars and bed rails.
FM50 Delta single in/dual out the back.Clear Corners.Pretty much stock now but waiting for performance mods to include FIPK,,Superchip, new wheels/tires and new audio.

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:10 PM
Why would someone pay 30+ thousand to buy what became a work truck?

------------------
97 F-150 Flareside
S/C
4x4 5.4L auto 3.55 LS.

Mods so far:
K&N Air Filter
SUPERCHIP!
Westin Grille Guard
JVC 12 disc CD Changer
4 (and growing) 165 watt KC Daylighters
This KC thing is getting expensive

Future Plans
Hidden winch
Lift
Roll Bar

http://www.f150world.com/sprhck/

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:17 PM
There's a red gen 1 here in Houston that has white wagon wheels and mud tires on it, a 6" suspension lift, roll bar with k/c lights, all of the original Lightning stickers as well as all of the gen 2 badges stuck in all the wrong places, and one of the worst parts - a Ford 4x4 windshield banner...

It makes me shudder to think about it...

------------------
<A HREF="http://users.ev1.net/~temurphy/lightning/" TARGET=_blank> </A><A HREF="http://haloclub.svt-lightning.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>
2000 Black Lightning

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:35 PM
You know, I actually think that's kind of cool.

A Lightning, used as a WORK truck. How cool is that!

Must be nice working for (or owning) a company that has that for your workday use..

AND, if this tradesman offers 'emergency service,' then I'll bet he's first to the jobsite every time!

Reminds me of the law enforcement (Sheriff's dept, Police, Marine Patrol) boats on the SW coast of FL; some really nice performance boats all decked out in gray paint, lights, and ropes...

I like it.

-Jim

BTW, to those who followed the 'park on the street' thread, my L got broken into the other night.. I know it wasn't one of you folks, because my antenna wasn't bent into an 'L'...

------------------
----
Jim Cain
JHCain@raising-cain.com
White 99 Lightning
Black 00 BMW M Coupe
http://www.averagegeek.com

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:41 PM
ok, i don't mind lifted 2wd trucks, they can look cool as hell.. BUT DO NOT LABEL IT AS A 4X4!!!!!!!! that pisses me off so much... sorry, had to vent...

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:47 PM
My friend told me he saw a black lightning down at the shore this weekend that gold plated all the tags on his truck.

oh boy.

Dan

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:56 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Angry

I just KNEW my plumber was overcharging!

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-01-2001 | 03:02 PM
Hello all..

Speaking of choping up a beautiful truck.. I know a guy who had a super clean first gen lightning.. The thing only had about 15k miles on it.. next thing you know.. it is a tube frame truck with a four link in the back and roll bars comming out the back window..

Hmm.. I guess it is ok to chop up your truck if it will make it go faster..

Quick Reply: A site to cry over