Lightning

You know how people say Ford sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008 | 12:49 PM
Lemme just tell y'all from experiance that MOST "German" and european cars are about as durable as plastic models held together with glue. Vw has to be the worst though,I can't tell you have many times I have them come in with a stickiy throttle pedel,slipping or "clunking" transmissions,and brakes that even when new make noise. Not only that but NO WHEEL STUDS,they use bolts!! The battery hold downs on most of these cars are also between the "firewall" and the dash. And of course plastic paneling everywhere under the hood,and below. Some of the stupidest underbody covers I ever have seen are from Nissan.

They also run hot as hell,I know the OEMs are making the cars run at higher temps. for emissions purposes,but the euro cars are just ridiculous. While doing a coolant exhange I clocked a BMW 325i thermostat with my infared gun opening at almost 230F*,not to mention all the ****ty plastic bleeds and plugs. As a matter of fact the guy was replacing his coolant overflow tank and brought it to us cause he thought he broke his new tank,and one of the plastic air bleed fittings he had broke of I couldn't do anything about and it needed to go to the dealer.

Just saying...to the eye something may look like a diamond,but in reality be cubic zirconium,lol.

Old 07-07-2008 | 05:26 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SVT_OFFICER
My partner is a _____
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
rubbed off on me some
Sorry, I could not let it go...

Last edited by Shinesintx; 07-07-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2008 | 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
Too bad Ford continues to style their vehicles for 60 year olds, minus the Mustang and maybe the Edge..
Originally Posted by SVT_KY
HEY HEY HEY ... as a recently minted (TODAY !!) 60 year old, I take umbrage with that characterization ... after all I DO have a Lightning still.

Yeah, St Loouie let's take it easy on we boomers

Old 07-08-2008 | 10:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Anyone have a link to that article in the video saying that the HEMI isnt much more than a plastic badge on the fender? My friend is a die hard SRT-8 HEMI fan and I just showed him the video and he dosen't believe it

Quick Reply: You know how people say Ford sucks?