Lightning

On a lighter note - A product recommendation!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2001 | 08:05 PM
|
Cool On a lighter note - A product recommendation!

Last weekend, my buddy with a brand-new Bullit Mustang calls me up and says let's go to the big, local carshow and enter our rides. My entire truck was not show worthy. Especially the engine bay.

After 1 year of ownership and nearly daily driving, it had a ton of dust, dirt and nasty stuff on everything under the hood. We took my pressure washer at half speed (after covering the important stuff with plastic bags) and hosed it off. Then I took the leaf blower and dried it as best I could. It was looking really good.

Then I got the can of CD2 Engine Detailer I had bought months earlier. I sprayed a liberal amount on a blue, paper shop towel (available at Autozone and Advance) and started wiping it on the hoses and plastic. The thing looks ABSOLUTELY brand new. Better than new, with no oily slickness like Armor All. And it repels dust and dirt.

When I bought my truck, it had 600 dealer-owner driven miles on it. The engine was covered in pollen and dust and got worse over the last year. The pressure sprayer, leaf blower and CD2 made it look better than showroom!! If I had my camera, I'd take a pic, it looks BETTER than new.

Old 06-07-2001 | 09:06 PM
Talking

Please send me a sample case.

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

'84 Alan Record Carbonio, Aerospoke wheels, Campy brakes.

'00 SVT Lightning, silver, built 2/9/00, #133 of 4966, G-tech Pro, JBA headers, 4.10 gears, Swanson chip, Pro-M, NGK plugs, carbon drive shaft, Roadmaster suspension kit, TransGo shift kit, cam bolts, Jackson washers, Wet Okoles, Kenyon transmission
13.39 @ 102.5

2001 Kevlacat 2400, twin 115 Evinrude FICHT, Raytheon VHF, radar, autopilot and GPS chartplotter/fishfinder.

gmvye@pacbell.net

Old 06-08-2001 | 12:40 AM
So did either of yuou win anything?!?!?!

Later,
Roger

------------------
The early bird gets the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

2001 Black Lightning
Stock, but not for long...
Best Stats:
RT .519
60' 1.986
1/4 13.73
MPH 99.83

1996 White Mustang Cobra
Offroad H-Pipe, MAC Mufflers, and a K&N

This PIC provided so that Chevy
and Dodge owners can see what
the front of a Lightning looks like.

My First Attempt At A Web Page
Roger's Lightning Page

Quick Reply: On a lighter note - A product recommendation!