Lightning

f-150 Crash Test ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2001 | 11:44 PM
|
Question f-150 Crash Test ?

A guy at work told me that recently a crash test was done on pick up trucks with indications of fatal consequences. Apparently in an offset crash the whole cab crumpled, and f-150 trucks were the worst.

Anyone here about this, I could not get the source?

Old 06-08-2001 | 12:04 AM
The WORST BY FAR of all pickups tested in a 40mph offset crash. As if Ford needs anything else to tarnish it's reputation. See "f150world.com" for more info.

------------------
Dave
'01 White
Alpine CDA-7875
MB Quarz
Rockford Fosgate Punch
JL ramair

Old 06-08-2001 | 12:07 AM
This is the main topic over on the Safety & Maintenance board. I saw a report on DATELINE and it dident look too bueno. The truck looked like it got hid by a 18wheeler but it was only 40mph, very scary.

Old 06-08-2001 | 06:45 AM
Ever the skeptic, my input here is that these tests were conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, not the Fed.

What difference does this make? Maybe none, maybe a lot. Does your insurance company *really* want to change vehicles for the better, or do they want to adjust your rates?

'Nuther thought; the truck tested was an extended cab F150 with one of 'em little doors behind the drivers door. My truck doesn't have one of those. Matter of fact, behind my door is a nice, solid looking pillar. I'll take my chances.

As well, isn't this test a 40 MPH whack into the proverbial immoveable object? That is a hell of a whack, and not one that you should really expect to fare well in.

My safety tip:

Avoid whacking into stuff, and as well avoid being whacked.

-Jim

------------------
----
Jim Cain
JHCain@raising-cain.com
White 99 Lightning
Black 00 BMW M Coupe
http://www.averagegeek.com

Quick Reply: f-150 Crash Test ?