Lightning

Dealer Abstinance

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2001 | 09:13 PM
|
Wink Dealer Abstinance

whats the record for fix your own, on G2's? i'm at 2yrs now with no visits, and truck runs perfect. no pop/ping/clunk, thanks to this board.

Old 06-07-2001 | 09:33 PM
Red face

BBQ,

oh man...Oh Man...OH MAN!!! Now you have really gone and done it! Better call up Gommer & Cooter to set-up an appointment for Monday morning! j/k

P.S. When you give up on abstinance, remember the condom! I'm sure you don't want to catch anything nasty from the dealer service department when they...well you know.

I hope everything continues this good for you for a long time to come.

Later,
Jake...

------------------
2000 Black Lightning
#54 of 4966
NLOC #476
PSP 4-way chip
PSP filter kit
PSP electric fan
Level 10 shift kit
Innovation Pro-Sport lid
BedRug
Wet Okole seat covers
AIM 2" rear drop

13.870 @ 100.52 stock
13.087 @ 104.80 mods

jacobs@revealed.net

[This message has been edited by Baby Jake (edited 06-07-2001).]

Old 06-07-2001 | 09:35 PM
Talking

BBQ,

You should be at the top of the list based on your membership.

[This message has been edited by gforce (edited 06-07-2001).]

Old 06-07-2001 | 10:12 PM
Talking

I hate this mouse pad. Sorry, wrong button again.

[This message has been edited by gforce (edited 06-07-2001).]

Old 06-07-2001 | 10:40 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Arrow

buh buh buh BBQ man,

give em a call, they just love workin on them thayre truuuuuucks. at least pay him a visit. http://www.cootersplace.com/

or better yet, go see Goober for your fixins'.. he likes Nitrous or something

[This message has been edited by Speedin Bob (edited 06-07-2001).]

Old 06-07-2001 | 10:46 PM
|
Wink

In my neck of the swamp, we use the crack team, Thibodeaux and Boudreaux, Ace Mechanix.

Thibodeax and Boudreaux were fishing when, Boudreaux accidently knocked the outboard motor into the water.Thibodeaux said, you need to go get dat motor, so we can get da hell outta here. Boudreaux jumps in , and goes down to get the sunken motor. 5 minutes pass and he still has not surfaced with the motor, so Thibodeaux put his face to the water and sees Boudreaux on the bottom of the lake, pulling the rope, trying to start the motor!! Thibodeaux says to himself, "that's one dumb coonass", and screams into the lake, CHOKE IT, YOU GOT TO CHOKE IT

i hope this does not offend any ace mechanix, as that was not my intention

ps: i love it when every reply needs to be edited or something, it make me feel like a good Field Marshall. you know, the kind that commands respect, the kind that brings a little sparkle into the room, the guy that everybody wants to be............

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by MRBBQMAN (edited 06-07-2001).]

Old 06-07-2001 | 11:18 PM
My power window switch took a chit and i removed it . one dealership a SVT dealership wouldnt cover it cause i removed it .. they said their Ford techs have to do the work ? its 2 screws to remove the door panel .. i was so pissed . i laughed at the service manager and told him the reason i removed it was i didnt have much faith in their ability to do it . anyways i have a non SVT dealership close to the house and they were cool about it. the shop foreman has a gen 1 and we bull****ted for a while . he ordered me a switch no questions asked .

------------------
Its not how fast you go its how fast you get there!
silver 00
99 flht

Old 06-08-2001 | 04:47 AM
Cool

While waxing the new truck, I notice a small BAD paint spot on one of the front mags. Last saturday, my first saturday off in months, I go to my local SVT dealers service dept. I tell the service dept my problem and ask if he could come outside and look at the problem and order a mag, as I know that DON'T stock such item. He replies nope, can't do it. Must have a crack SVT tech take my truck in the shop to his special SVT corner. And the wait begins, 1 hour, 1 1/2 hour, 2 hours, the gater says f*%k this chit. Tells the service writer I need my keys, as this is my first saturday in months and I am not going to spent it here. Now I have to figure if I want to repeat this again, or just say screw it!

------------------
1999 Black Lightning... 1940 of 4000... Traded for: 2001 Silver Bolt... Adopted 3/24/01... Red Line Water Wetter... Wet Okole's... Bed Rug... JL Stage II Ram air... Chipless in Jersey

Old 06-08-2001 | 09:33 AM
One year this week. Any and all issues have been taken care of by Silver-Bolt ace mechanix. Only minor stuff that is not worth my time to take in. Like Gator said. Better things to do than wait at a dealership. The take 4-6 hours for a 10 minute fix.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning 13.16 (so far)
PSP 4-way
PSP Filter Kit
PSP Lower Pulley
Level 10 Shift kit
F-250 Trans pan
MagnaFlow 12468
Snug-Lid

I feel a 12.xx coming on.

Team PSP West

Quick Reply: Dealer Abstinance