Lightning

Lightning competition from Toyota is here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008 | 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
The upside to all this is that, to my eye, the Lightning is still the coolest truck ever made. The interior is cheesy, cheap, and dated, but the curvy exterior still looks fresh, and the driveline is still the best mod-friendly platform out there.
Amen

Old 06-13-2008 | 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
The upside to all this is that, to my eye, the Lightning is still the coolest truck ever made. The interior is cheesy, cheap, and dated, but the curvy exterior still looks fresh, and the driveline is still the best mod-friendly platform out there.
+1

A new interior is a worthwhile investment. Long live the King!!!

Old 06-13-2008 | 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
When you're dealing with 5400lbs, depending on accessories and configuration, IMO its pointless especially since the kit with coolant, supercharger, heat exchanger, hoses, intake... has got to add a good 200lbs.

That kind of weight is the same reason the Gen 3 Lightning was cancelled. Despite 500hp, they couldn't meet performance targets.
From what I can find, the curb weight for a single cab, 6 1/2 foot bed, 5.7L equipped Tundra is 4835-4940 lbs.

Isn't that almost identical to our Lightnings ???

Add maybe 150 lbs. for the blower package - it is still a pretty competitive power to weight ratio for today's trucks, IMHO...

But, it is ugly as sin and is not as mod friendly as our Lightnings.

Ford hit a home run with the Lightning - I hope it isn't their last....

Old 06-18-2008 | 01:54 PM
With the blower package you're close to 5200lbs, which is right at 500lbs over the Lightning which is quite significant and does not include other potential accessories added. That's the same difference between the SRT-10and the Lightning which all agree is a heavy pig...

Quick Reply: Lightning competition from Toyota is here.