Lightning

Is The Lightning Forum Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008 | 09:46 PM
lurk a lot. post very rarely in the lightning section.

Old 06-13-2008 | 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by pitstain
The forums have cycles just as does the weather.

And Rich, as some here may know as well, you got youself banned, and it was your freind who did the banning, so you may want to put up the full facts, and to clarify a bit I am banned on ONE site, yes only ONE, I am sure you can count to ONE, right?

I am not going to toot my whistle too much but you should not compare yourself to Tim, or say how much you contribute, since that groups you in with alot of people including myself, you contribute very little other than your hostile attitude, and petty immature posts when you're not treated like the god you think you are for some reason.
Only because of the reply the moderator made to my post I will not reply with hostility.. Just take this as a note. I did not disagree with Tim, I was agreeing with him. I also have contributed alot to the Lightning community then you have with your poor sarcasim.. I will end with this to you as well, you can ask Rob, or if you like I can send you the email I sent to him, he was going to lift my ban and I "REQUESTED" to leave myself banned.. If for whatever reason you do not believe me you call Rob like 20 times a day, ask him yourself..
Thanks Pal enjoy yourself..

Last edited by Hostile03SVT; 06-13-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-13-2008 | 07:01 AM
i'm here

i check it every few days. Anxious to see vinny's final project. I tried to sell my truck a month ago. With gas at 4 bucks a gallon, that wasn't happening. Funny my explorer blew a wheel bearing, i ordered the parts and they are sitting on the floor and i've been driving the **** out of my truck. Even at $100 bucks a tank!!!

Old 06-13-2008 | 10:09 AM
Still here.
I don't post much

Old 06-13-2008 | 10:50 AM
I'm in here almost every day (on the computer all day at work). I agree the Lightning board used to carry this whole forum. Vinnie, Rob_00, where are you guys?

Me? I'm never getting rid of my beloved L. It's the absolute greatest vehicle i could ever ask for. (except maybe a Saleen S7 TT!)

Old 06-13-2008 | 11:32 AM
I argre with Tim, the classic lines make the lightning the best looking modern day performance truck. SVTperformance and NLOC have both slowed down, but are still steady. My L gets driven once or twice a week to keep everything running properly. I drive my motorcycle or the wife's MX-5 most of the time. They are both fun to ride / drive and get good gas milage. Modern motorcycle perfromance is my adrenaline fix, where else can you run 9 to 10 second quarter miles out of the showroom for less than 12k. I'll alway have my Lightning, I need a truck and it's just to d@mn fun to get rid of.

Old 06-13-2008 | 01:40 PM
Carolina, we are on exactly the same page. But since I came from the Carolinas, that not surprising.

A man needs a truck. The Lightning is the truck that I will die with.

My DDs are a 300C SRT8 and a Honda Valkyrie (won't run in the 10s, but still gets the blood pumping every time I throw a leg over it).

Old 06-13-2008 | 02:17 PM
I been around since 2000, never had a reason to post much…. I listen more than I write…
I check about (7) sites every day, this one included, It has slowed quite a bit, some days it only has one new post….. However HALO is where I hang my hat at…
My 2001 L has hit now 101,500 miles on her, with the 0.99 cent Wal-Mart oil, and the 1.99 oil filters… It has most bolt ons, and it’s a work truck… I got in a wreck about one year ago, and the insurance totaled it, I had it rebuild from the frame up…..
She is one fine DD…….. The only truck worth owning…. I will buy the new one when and if it ever comes out… Otherwise this is it, I will keep on rebuilding it until something comparable comes out!!!!

Old 06-13-2008 | 07:15 PM
I show up here about once a week to see if there is anything new..... The lightning is a keeper, Its a fun truck

Old 06-13-2008 | 07:32 PM
I wish I still had mine but it was stolen last fall -

the only upside is that I was able to help the cops catch the SOB

Old 06-13-2008 | 09:01 PM
I come here almost everyday, along with visiting the other two Lightning forums. I read things that I find interesting and sometimes I learn something new. I'm not one to try and start crap, but I do find some of the chest beating to be a little comical. I love my truck and wouldn't trade it for anything. I hope I still feel that way when gas is $10 a gallon.

Old 06-13-2008 | 10:08 PM
I still check in here almost every day. And I've learned a lot off of the early members in here and still do a "search" in here when I have some questions about my L and how to do things. And I still learn and appreciate the experiences of others in here.

I can also recall that back in 2001, I thought this site was the "hottest" in content and variety for Lightnings and it was always the first I looked at. Most guys were just starting out and experimenting and doing beginning things to their L's. Then I noticed that in the past few years that the NLOC and SVTPerformance seemed to have more action and interest. Kind of seems like most of the early Lightning "modders" started on this site, but the later ones have, for whatever reasons, chosen to start out on the other sites. And a lot of the "older" members got to where they had done to their L's what they wanted or could afford, and I suspect don't come back as often because of that.

Maybe it's just a normal evolutionary thing like families where you all grew up in that one house, but as time goes on, only a few remain at the the "homestead" and the rest just "visit" now and then, and some never come back.

Old 06-14-2008 | 11:45 AM
Smile

I still look around pretty regularly.

Jake...

Old 06-15-2008 | 08:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I still visit a couple times a week to keep myself up to date with the latest and greatest ideas from our creative brethren and new widgets available for our mighty trucks.

I used to be a die hard cheby guy but the L converted me. I will never let this truck go and as some have already mentioned I may just be buried in it.

Old 06-15-2008 | 08:54 AM
Don't post much but still visit the Lightning boards almost every day. I need my daily fix of L info. My name is Dave....and I'm an L-caholic.

Photo Gallery.......................Website.........................Modifications

Have a great day eh !___________________________________Dave

Quick Reply: Is The Lightning Forum Dead?