Lightning

Silver_2000_;)! about Factory_Tech...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001 | 01:01 PM
|
BfB layin' down the smack... lol I do agree with him. This will be interesting..

------------------
99.5 Lightning
Gone but not forgotten
01 picked up on 5/5/01
hud@mc.net

Old 06-11-2001 | 01:11 PM
Thumbs down

Seems like selective locking. $3.00 washers for $50.00 is ok.
Tom

Old 06-11-2001 | 01:54 PM
Angry

BfB,

I'm not in with the board in any way what so ever. Steve doesn't show me any favors. I'm not listed as a vendor, and I don't claim to be. The post that BfB is talking about is dated 12-4-00. They missed it. I believe that was the first post about the washers. Most everything else about the washers has been closed. (posts) Most posts have been generated by others! All of my sales are done at my E-Mail address, not here! I listen on this board more then I post. There is a lot of good info here! Lots of good people here! Ask anyone about my demeanor here that has talked to me. I think they know what kind of person I am. Oh yea blue blood, If you don't like the cost of something don't buy it. Just about everything that you purchase in this great big world is going to cost you more then what it cost to make!! I think we all know this. I have a lot of stuff on my truck that cost me a lot of money. I have never complained about the cost. I love things that perform thats why I'm into this sickness. Hell, in that case the truck isn't worth the price that Ford is asking, come on leave me alone. ;-) I think I'm going to go ride my R-1 now. I need to relax.

LOL Herb ;-)

Old 06-11-2001 | 01:57 PM
Smile

As a proud owner of Herb's anti-clunk washers, I can assure you they are not $3 washers.

They are machine to fit the truck. Without having a cousin or unlce who owns a shop, you cant just hop over to Home Depot and pick these up in the fastener section.

Daniel

Old 06-11-2001 | 02:00 PM
Question

My only thought about the thread being locked: Factory_Tech's stuff is sold by PSP who is a supporting vendor. He does not sell himself anymore.

Wouldn't that make him already a supporting vendor?

Just curious.

Daniel

Old 06-11-2001 | 02:03 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Herb, I'm sorry, I wasn't coming off to BLAST you. I was coming off to show this board that they prematurely close posts for ridiculous reasons all to the name of $'s. Pretty soon this place will be taking donations like Stangnet.com .

Let's not get into a war about what really costs what, etc. You took that too personally, and I'm sorry for coming off towards you like that. I took the comparison of my first post. I apologize. Hey, if I had a site, I'd allow you to post all you wanted to about your washers, buddy.

Let's stick to the point at hand:

Factory_Tech didn't deserve for his post to be closed.

BfB

[This message has been edited by BfB (edited 06-11-2001).]

Old 06-11-2001 | 02:06 PM
BfB
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Wouldn't that make him already a supporting vendor?</font>
Daniel, EXACTLY what I stated above.

BfB

Old 06-11-2001 | 02:16 PM
Exclamation

I dont have time to spend hours investigating the background on everyones intent. I read that thread and it appeared to be marketing or associated with marketing. If he or anyone else is allowed to market freely then a disservice is done to the folks who are supporting the site like Sal, and Roger and others. At one time he was selling them here, if he has changed to selling them through Sal then Sal should have requested the help.

I dont read every word of every thread, I do the best I can with the time I have. If I took the time to email a violater they could extend thier violation by just not responding.

Any attempt to enforce guidlines at any level gets negative feedback from some people. Funny thing is I rarely get email about these things. If you have a question about why I did something send me an email DONT clutter the Lightning forum with them
Thanks
Doug

Old 06-11-2001 | 02:36 PM
BfB
Okay, since this has been thoroughly understood that he sells through PSP then I'll repost it for him. I'm sure he will not mind. I'm also sure that Sal doesn't mind either, being that he knew Factory_Tech posted that, as he responded to Factory_Tech's post. Even if Factory_Tech didn't have anything to do w/ Sal, I don't think Sal (and I'm not speaking for him) thought Factory_Tech was doing a great disservice to him by posting this.

Remember, he wasn't selling anything. That's the key. Once again:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The bottom line is likely this - if you are here to simply take advantage of the F150online Community to further your financial goals and you do not wish to give something back to the operator of the site, you are likely not welcome here. If you are here as a Ford truck enthusiast, you are more than welcome.</font>
He's an enthusiast who loves F150 online, plain and simple.

I believe a clarification needs to be made w/in moderators. I still think that quote I posted above should easily take care of any confusion, it's just sad that it isn't totally adherred to. If we follow the reasonings gave then we need to lock any post w/ signatures promoting another site or company.

BfB

Old 06-11-2001 | 02:47 PM
Wink

thepawn,
https://www.f150online.com/cgi-bin/f...ame=blue+blood
Just call me "Uncle"
Tom

Old 06-11-2001 | 03:04 PM
F150online
Founder
Here is a simple question ... with the answer.

WHY would anyone want to boroow someone's vehicle to use it as a test mule?

Answer: To test their product which is going to be sold. If a vendor of any sort is using F150online's bandwidth to further their company goals, it is a violation of our terms of service. Put your personal passions aside and this is not rocket science to figure out.

Old 06-11-2001 | 03:08 PM
Thumbs down

Sometime things never change...

Twenty years ago I used my 300 baud modem to access bulletin boards run by arrogant little 15 year olds who played god. Back then I had little choice but to put up with them. Thankfully there are more choices at hand today...

See Ya,

Red Racer

Old 06-12-2001 | 12:25 AM
BfB
Post Silver_2000_;)! about Factory_Tech...

...he wasn't selling anything. He is testing a product that might make it to light.

Blocking these when they are in TESTING is VERY uncool. He may not even promote the sell of them off of your site. I don't see anything wrong w/ using some of us as test beds.

BfB

Old 06-12-2001 | 12:27 AM
BfB
A couple of other things:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">F150online defines a vendor as any company or individual that sells, markets, promotes, manufactures or distributes any products or services for the purpose of generating a profit, regardless of the product or service's cost or profit margins. </font>
and...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The bottom line is likely this - if you are here to simply take advantage of the F150online Community to further your financial goals and you do not wish to give something back to the operator of the site, you are likely not welcome here. If you are here as a Ford truck enthusiast, you are more than welcome.</font>
I'd say he's NOT generating a profit, and I'd say he's also a Ford truck enthusiast that loves this site!

He has well over 450 posts on this site and has dedicated his valuable knowledge to the rest of us for quite some time now, and you repay him by shutting down his post calling him a vendor. Maybe I'm seeming a lil harsh towards you, but you didn't take the time to email him or get specifics beforehand. And if you want to get super technical about this, then it's apparent he's also somewhat working w/ Sal on this.

BfB

Quick Reply: Silver_2000_;)! about Factory_Tech...