Lightning

Calling hdmlnium...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001 | 04:06 PM
|
Question Calling hdmlnium...

hdmlnium,

Just picked up a 2001 and had a few questions for you after reading your sig:

1) How or where did you do the Homelink in your truck?

2) Since you've gone back to the steel driveshaft have you had any more problems with rubbing? I am considering the 3/4 Belltech. Since SVT was nice enough to give me an aluminum driveshaft I need to make sure it's not going to rub after I do the drop.

3) Do you remember what number of Super White bulbs you used for the corner and fogs (I am assuming you used PIAA's)?

4) Have you had any problems with the Bassani yet?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

------------------
'01 Black Lightning
Stock (so far...)

Old 06-14-2001 | 04:26 PM
I'm not HDMLNIUM but I have allot of the same stuff so I could help a bit.

He did the home link in his truck himself I belive. just ordered it from ford and installed it.

You will have problems with the aluminum driveshaft if you do a 3/4 drop kit. I have the bell tech 3/4 kit and thats the main reason I haven't done the aluminum kit, and also the aluminum kit is allot weaker then the steel and can break on hard launches. I've seen it first hand, and its not pretty.

I ordered my white bulbs from the online store on here. they where about $50 a set and they work pretty good.

The only problem I have had with the bassani is the cats falling apart, but bassani says that they have fixed the problem and they will warrenty it if it breaks on you. I have a new set waiting to get installed but I have not put them on yet. I'm running no cats.

------------------
POWER SURGE PERFORMANCE RULES!!!

Old 06-14-2001 | 04:51 PM
Cool

Struck in AZ:

First off congrats on the new '01 Lightning. On the Homelink I ordered it through Fordsales, He is on this board and has a nice write up on the install and everything. I put it in my overhead console where Fordsales did. I extended the wires and tapped into my dome lights because I wanted constant power. If you do a search on fordsales or Homelink you will find it. Its a nice mod, My Pathfinder come stock with it and I use it all the time. It seemed like a good thing to have in the L.
On the driveshaft, I have had no problems since going back to my 2000 steel shaft. Someone wrote to me and said that his drive shaft was rubbing in the same place as mine and he just notched the bottom of the bed and it doesn't hit anymore. That will be a nother option you might want to consider. I love the lowering kit, To me the truck looks 10 times better being lowered and I like the improved handeling as well.
On the lights, I got mine through the online store here on F150 online. I have had one headlight blow and one fog light blow so rate now I am only running the supper whites in the corners. I just haven't bothered to get anymore yet. I haven't had any problems with the Bassani exhaust just yet, and I hope it stays that way.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask, or if you want more details on anything let me know.

------------------

my zing albums- _-click here-_
'00 harley davidson FLSTC tons of custom parts..
'99.5 nissan pathfinder le-STILLEN EQUIPPED
'88 toyota show truck(TONKA)
'91 toyota mr2 turbo (to many mods to list)
'00 yamaha banshee(toomy race kit/chrome pipes)

[This message has been edited by hdmlnium (edited 06-14-2001).]

Old 06-14-2001 | 04:57 PM
|
RTKILLA and hdmlnium,

Thaks to both of you for the quick replies. I'm going to hunt down the Homelink kit so I may hit you up for some install tips in the future. I may hold off on the Bassani since I have also heard of the cat problems they have had. Would hate to drop $1500 and not have it warrantied if they went bad.

If I remember correctly, both of you guys have the Bedrug. I had also posted earlier about the Bedrug vs. a spray-in liner. How do you two like your Bedrugs? Any problems with them so far?

Thanks again,

Dan

[This message has been edited by Struck in AZ (edited 06-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Struck in AZ (edited 06-14-2001).]

Old 06-14-2001 | 05:03 PM
I'll jump in; Luv the Rug. Someone recently had a post about frying the wiring harness for the headlights with the Superwhites. I believe it was Fordsales.

I'm holding off on my install until I can make sure I don't have the same problem.

Old 06-14-2001 | 05:19 PM
Definetly the rug for love.

If you don't haul that mutch crappy stuff, then I would go with the rug, but make sure you do the bed rug and not an imitation because there is a big difference in quality. the beg rug can take allot of abuse, but if your hauling dirt or something messy like that, go witht the spray in.

------------------
POWER SURGE PERFORMANCE RULES!!!

Quick Reply: Calling hdmlnium...