Lightning

What's the diff....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001 | 06:16 PM
|
Post What's the diff....

What is the difference between the PSP kit and like the JL ram air kit. I am trying to decide and just can't seem to come to a decision.

It seems like most are happy with the PSP and JL kit and I just can't find any opinions as to what is best. The JL kit is more expensive so what is different about it.

Any suggestions, Also which lower pulley I have read good things about the PSP pulley and then I have seen JDM pulley in peoples sigs. I am thinking about ordering the PSP products, but would like any final opinions.

Thanks for letting me post about this several times I just can't make a decision and I want the best right from the start and not have to do it several times.

Thanks Paul

------------------
2001 Silver Lightning
Stock.....for now....

My Wish List:
Air intake kit
Lower Pulley
Chip
Electric fan kit
Power Power Power....more to follow

Old 06-14-2001 | 06:35 PM
Thumbs up

Paul, I am not going to "compare" our PSP kit to other brands in detail, because that's not really my place to do that, but I can tell you about ours since you asked.

The PSP filter kit has been redesigned as of recent. We use a 12" Powerstack filter (same as the other kits)that has an open end to take advantage of the air inlet from the fender. We have 2 different billet adapters to mount the filter to the MAF, one for the 80mm and one for the 90mm. We have had these adapters made to our specs, and are superior to the ones our competitors use. We supply a new air intake sensor with the kit. We use a nice black powdercoated steel moutning bracket, to attach the assembly solidly. We also use all stainless steel hardware so you know our stuff will hold up to the elements. We also offer our kits with an optional Outerwears pre-filter, to keep the majority of the dirt from ever hitting the filter, and it does not restrict flow. The prices are $179.00 or $199.00 with the pre-filter (I think the prices on our order page are wrong). If you have any other questions concerning PSP products, please ask, or E-mail us. Thanks!!

------------------
SAL - TEAM PSP
web- www.powersurgeperformance.net
E-mail sales@powersurgeperformance.net
tech@powersurgeperformance.net
F-150 Online Supporting Vendor

Old 06-14-2001 | 06:44 PM
|
Thanks Sal,

I will be faxing in my order either later today or tommorow morning and yes the prices on your order page are wrong. Should I still fax in the order page or is there a better way.

I appreciate your response and I do appreciate your response on one of the other boards and yes I will not do any mods until after the first 1000 miles which will probably be after this next week.

And I wanted to get things ordered so they would be here and ready to go after I get the break in done.

How much will the pulley help. I am thinking about ordering both the pulley and the filter kit at the same time so that I can get them as soon as possible.

Also on the other board you said that you did not currently have the filters in stock, when do you think you will, just so I know about how long it will take to get.

I have heard great things about your products and appreciate your help and responses to posts.

THanks
Paul

------------------
2001 Silver Lightning
Stock.....for now....

My Wish List:
Air intake kit
Lower Pulley
Chip
Electric fan kit
Power Power Power....more to follow

Old 06-14-2001 | 06:46 PM
Paul, you can still fax the order page, that's not a problem. I should have more filters coming in next week, so it shouldn't be too long. The pulley and filter at the same time will be fine, I'm sure you will be happy with the results.

------------------
SAL - TEAM PSP
web- www.powersurgeperformance.net
E-mail sales@powersurgeperformance.net
tech@powersurgeperformance.net
F-150 Online Supporting Vendor

Quick Reply: What's the diff....