Lightning

HELP SAL OR SPIRO

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001 | 09:43 PM
|
Question HELP SAL OR SPIRO

I want to know if I can use the lower pulley in conjunction with the smaller upper pulley, and am I gonna be able to find a belt to fit??? how much larger is the lower pulley in daimeter???I have the Sean Hyland pulley on the blower now and am getting a solid 10# of boost,as registered on a good guage not on the forever guessing Ford guages.
I think you have my phone number
Jerry Hart
J MAN

Old 06-13-2001 | 09:47 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
I believe you'll be spinning it too high, and will be taking a major portion of life out of your blower. I also believe your belt will do more slipping than gripping, seemingly making your boost lower.

Sal, would you give us the pulley diameters and the rpms for stock vs your lower pulley?

BfB

[This message has been edited by BfB (edited 06-13-2001).]

Old 06-13-2001 | 10:35 PM
|
STILL WANNA SPIN IT TILL IT DIES!!!!

Old 06-13-2001 | 10:46 PM
BfB
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by J MAN:
STILL WANNA SPIN IT TILL IT DIES!!!!</font>
There is someone on this board running both, or was running both. At least I seen it on one of the dyno posts.

I say you'll still probably slip, and it's not worth it. Have someone make you a larger lower pulley then.

BfB

Old 06-13-2001 | 11:02 PM
Uhhhh...Forgive me BfB, but I thought Sal's lower pulley IS a larger pulley. I could be all wet, (wouldn't be the first time).

J MAN, Spin it till it dies. I LOVE that one!!!

Later,
Jake...

Old 06-13-2001 | 11:05 PM
All right, here's this Topic again...LOL

There are a few out there that are running both the upper and lower pulleys, maybe they will post, but probably not.
I personally see no gain in one what so ever. I have never seen (first hand) a Lightning run any quicker with both. I personally run the stock upper pulley, with the PSP lower/Blower pulley, and run quick enough for most

I will always stick to my "preaching" on this, like I have since OCT.99, running both upper and lower, will only create more heat than power....IM My PERSONAL VIEW

------------------
Spiro-
12.373 @ 110.15
Best 60' 1.72
@ 4700 w/out the Go-Go juice

11.94 @ 115.31 with 100 shot Go-Go juice @ 4700 lbs.

11.40 @ 113 with 150 shot(on the brakes)NOT BACKED UP!
4700 lbs.

-Stock Meter
-Stock TB
-Stock Heads
-Stock Manifolds
-Stock motor
-Stock Torque Convertor

Empty Pockets Racing DE-NJ

Sponsored by POWER SURGE PERFORMANCE

Sales@POWERSURGEPERFORMANCE.NET

Old 06-13-2001 | 11:06 PM
|
Wink

Baby Jake(aka Bud Light)
you know me gotta run it till it dies then revive it!!!!! Say when we going racing I think the wife and i will head for Norwalk Ohio in July for their Ford Fun Weekend...Gotta get out of here!!!!!
Take Care
Jerry
J MAN

Old 06-13-2001 | 11:11 PM
|
Cool

Spiro, thanks
I respect your opinion,now tell me how much nitrous I can handle,I'm going fast one way or another!!!!And what about the nitrous plate from PSP where does it go on the throttle body,I'm assuming it goes in front on the throttle body,and will it work on the oval one from Pauls High Performance...And while I have your attention,cooling fan,when do you think it will ship????Finally do we get free meals with each purchase of $500 or moreD: Take Care'
Thanks
J Man

Old 06-13-2001 | 11:30 PM
J Man,
LOL...Someone's always looking for a free meal around me ..LOL j/k

OK..we cant really discuss business here,but your fan is about a week brfore it ships.
Check out the plate in a PIC of my drivers side engine bay...LOL you'll find the thread on the main page It mounts behind the TB, and has good quick acess to the FOGGER nozzle, and will work with both the NX and the NOS NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS, including Ovl bore TB's.
As for amount of Nitrous to run...You know..I would rather not say here, some would choose to question..LOL
But seriously..I have done 150, but the suspension cant hold that torque from my Launches, so until the rear suspension goes it, we will be running a 100 shot it her off the line of course.

Old 06-14-2001 | 12:07 AM
BfB
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baby Jake:
Uhhhh...Forgive me BfB, but I thought Sal's lower pulley IS a larger pulley. I could be all wet, (wouldn't be the first time).

J MAN, Spin it till it dies. I LOVE that one!!!

Later,
Jake...
</font>
I meant, a LARGER pulley than the larger one than stock that Sal sells.

Old 06-14-2001 | 05:17 AM
Cool

Did someone say "free meal". So I guess when someone says,"I got the PSP Full Meal Deal", that includes a meal with Spiro. Does that include drinks? LOL

Old 06-14-2001 | 08:06 AM
There you go, a new spin on things.

I would like to order extra value meal 3 which includes:
Chip
Blower Pulley
and Baked Ziti. J/K

Spiro,
Ya going to Maple Grove the weekend of 6/22?

------------------
99 Lightning- JL equipped! JL Ram Air, JL Daiblo Chip,90mm MAF,JL Power Cooler, Level 10 shift kit,PSP Lower pulley, Single Blade T/B, Bassani exhaust, NGK's. 12.42 at 109.6..Full trim and stock convertor, MT Street ET's.
New times w/ JL converter coming soon!

Old 06-14-2001 | 08:12 AM
Wink

Hello Jerry,

Just passing through this morning, and thought that I would add my few, but important, words of wisdom.

GET TRACTION BARS before NOS!!!

I just hate picking up all those U-joint pieces on the track, and Liquid Weld, doesn't always hold that well!

Also it sometimes makes the spectators mad, when they are pelted by roller bearings

Well, must run for now and pack...tomorrow good beer, wine and no speed limit...heaven (Germany)!

Remember, no NOS runs until the pit crew is back

...Dwight...

Old 06-14-2001 | 11:04 AM
|
Sprio
Sorry I cost you a few free meals, or so it sounds.Thanks for the info,and I'll be in touch with you next week..
Thanks
J MAN

Old 06-14-2001 | 09:08 PM
LOL...Hey Big D..You talkin' to me? LOL j/k I know I made a slight mess when my U-Joint/shaft took a crap Have fun in Germany.

LOL...I knew it was a matter of time before you guys started asking about freee meals in Dover Wednesday night is GREEK night, and PRIMERIB On the weekends. So there's always good cookin' going on.

99svtlightning,
I'm going to try for MAPLE GROVE, thats also my friends birthday (FROGGY) and should really be there with his stang, but I am so busy right now...it's talking up a ot of time. I will try

JMAN,
Next week it is

Quick Reply: HELP SAL OR SPIRO