Lightning

Closed Loop !

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008 | 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by rossharley
IM actually right in the middle of learning how the system works. . . . . . after my spark plug blew out at 50,000 miles I was told by the FORD company that they are only responsible up to 36,000 miles. . . .any number above that any you can pretty much believe you are ON YOUR OWN ! Extended warranties dont cover non-lubricated parts . . . like spark plugs. Learned that lesson real well.
If I were you, I would call Lightning tuner. His name is Sal, he probably know's more about these engines than ford does!
Bryan

Old 07-15-2008 | 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by bglanden
If I were you, I would call Lightning tuner. His name is Sal, he probably know's more about these engines than ford does!
Bryan
that or he should just get rid of his ford and delete his f150online account and go on with his ford hating ways...my opinion there

Old 07-15-2008 | 11:20 PM
My engine isnt currently blown up . . . guess you dont read very well !

But to answer your sarcastic remark . . . . . yes, detonation will ruin a perfectly good engine ( blow head gasket, crack pistons, and ruin ring seal ). Read up on it some before you decide to up and show everyone your ignorance !
umm dont think you shoulda went there with built54 i know hes the bigger man and isnt gonna argue with an ignorant fool such as your self because believe me he knows WAY more than you will ever know about vehicles..and if you wanna do a egr delete and cut all 4 cats..good luck passing emissions/getting your truck inspected..such as a licensed inspector myself knows that people are gettin strict of cats and mufflers these days with all the global warming..i dont give a flying f about global warming..but most the world..not only will you recieve a nice hefty little ticket for that you will be killing the rain forest and killing the dolphins..and not to many people like that these days..not to mention your truck running horribly. maybe you should get rid of your ford since its such a pile of crap as you believe it is..go buy a chevy...or even worse a dodge...or EVEN worse an import and have fun with that

Old 07-16-2008 | 08:50 AM
|
RE : BGlanden.

I do read in that summary where they claim recirculating the gas reduces ping / detonation on the engine. Maybe Im just not smart enough to understand the concept, but that persons point of view seems logical at least to them. It says that the recirculation allows for a more agressive spark advance and increases performance of the engine !

Im not really trying to get in a serious forum argument with everyone . . . but if that is true, how come NASCAR doesnt recirculate THEIR exhaust back into their intake ?!?!?!?!?!?! for . . . . . MAXIUMUM PERFORMANCE !

Last edited by rossharley; 07-16-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2008 | 09:01 AM
Quite simple actually . . . just need a temp restictor valve that will constrict as the exhaust temperaure increases at the intake. I mean, what is the point of an intercooler if you are just adding exhaust heat on top of it at the intake anyway.
The system already has a "temp restictor(sp) valve" . It's called an EGR valve and it manages the flow of those exhaust gases into the intake.

You're biggest problem (with your truck) appears to be that the cats are plugged. BTW, how did you figure that out exactly? If the cats are plugged and you're using that good fuel you spoke of, there's something else seriously wrong and it's not the EGR.

Old 07-16-2008 | 09:02 AM
|
RE: f150fella08

I come here because I needed help with my truck and I have figured out what is going on with it. I appreciate all the good information that is given on here and most of it has been really helpful in troubleshooting.

I freakin love my supercharged ford. This damn truck will haul *** and out performs ANY truck I have been up against with my current modifications. . . even some high performance diesels.

What I am unhappy with is when I ask ford for a replacement long block that I have no problem changing myself . . and they say that will be 8000 dollars please . . . no matter how much I BEGG for a "COST" price since I dont feel like it should be that much with my truck only having 50,000 miles.

Old 07-16-2008 | 09:22 AM
|
Originally Posted by lurker
The system already has a "temp restictor(sp) valve" . It's called an EGR valve and it manages the flow of those exhaust gases into the intake.

You're biggest problem (with your truck) appears to be that the cats are plugged. BTW, how did you figure that out exactly? If the cats are plugged and you're using that good fuel you spoke of, there's something else seriously wrong and it's not the EGR.
The only thing I can think of is . . . when I first got my short block and patriot heads back in the truck, the heads had a leak where oil was getting through near the valves and was causing some blowby. I took the heads off and sent them back and patriot fixed them and now they are right . . . but for that little bit of oil that made it through . . I think thats what stopped them up . . .maybe.

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:10 AM
The only thing I can think of is . . . when I first got my short block and patriot heads back in the truck, the heads had a leak where oil was getting through near the valves and was causing some blowby. I took the heads off and sent them back and patriot fixed them and now they are right . . . but for that little bit of oil that made it through . . I think thats what stopped them up . . .maybe.
Have you even verified the cats are plugged? You have a wealth of information from very reputable sources on this site. Coming across as a know it all jack-*** and discounting good info will get you kicked to the curb. Sometimes it is better to listen than speak. Open your ears. Based on what you have written so far you may not know as much as you think you do about this motor. Best of luck.

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:13 AM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.... but, the 2004+ 3V trucks don't have EGR.

Old 07-16-2008 | 01:08 PM
let me try to summarize

You made seemingly random modifications to your truck that resulted in problems that you haven't clearly described here - but you are blaming the problems on EGR ( even though you have no idea how EGR works ) in the hopes that convincing people here that EGR was at fault will some how help you convince ford to give you a long block ?

You said you haven't blown up your block yet want a long block anyway. You think the 8000 for price is too high but havent contacted any of the after market sources including former supporting vendors here

And you look to Nascar for perfomance recommendations on your street truck....

Hmm ...

Is that pretty close ?

Im confused

Old 07-16-2008 | 05:26 PM
|
Originally Posted by Silver_2000
You made seemingly random modifications to your truck that resulted in problems that you haven't clearly described here - but you are blaming the problems on EGR ( even though you have no idea how EGR works ) in the hopes that convincing people here that EGR was at fault will some how help you convince ford to give you a long block ?
I am meerly stating that a clogged EGR can result in a stock motor detonating and blowing itself up if someone did not pay attention to their second intake temperature sensor ! ! ! NOTHING ELSE ! ! ! ! ! I noticed it before having that problem and was able to fix it . . .yes they were clogged !

You said you haven't blown up your block yet want a long block anyway. You think the 8000 for price is too high but havent contacted any of the after market sources including former supporting vendors here
TO REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN ! ! At 50,000 mile, my motor greanated itself. The head blew out a plug and pulled in enough head material to completely ruin my long block ( heads and all ). I went to FORD and told them that I needed a whole long block . . I told them I didnt want anything for free, but I would LIKE to have it at COST since I didnt feel I should be replacing a motor at 50,000 miles. AT THAT TIME I HAD NOT done any modifications to the engine ! ! ! It just did it all on its own ! I hadnt even changed the plugs yet !
They told me it was 8000, sooooo I went to NAPA and had a short block built with ross internals. I called FORD again and asked for a new set of heads . . . PLEASE at cost ! ! again . . .and again I got the answer 3500 dollars . Since patriot PERFORMANCE heads were ALOT cheaper, I purchased them instead.

YES, the aftermarket heads probably clogged the CATS ! ! BUT that may not be the case with everyone else. . . higher mileage might just cause them to have stopped up cats in the long run . . . so watch out for it !

And you look to Nascar for perfomance recommendations on your street truck....
IF RUNNING AN EGR IMPROVES PERFORMANCE . . . .WHY WOULDNT PEOPLE RUNNING FOR NOTHING BUT HIGH PERFORMANCE USE THAT LOGIC AS WELL ? ? ? Afterall, I have 690 dynoed rear wheel horsepower . . why not compare my truck to nascar engines ?

Im confused

Thats because you are a sarcastic, narrow minded FUĆKING IDIOT ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Last edited by rossharley; 07-16-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2008 | 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.... but, the 2004+ 3V trucks don't have EGR.
yes that is true

Old 07-16-2008 | 06:41 PM
. . . Is that pretty close ? . . .
Yup.

Old 07-16-2008 | 08:28 PM
YES, the aftermarket heads probably clogged the CATS ! ! BUT that may not be the case with everyone else. . . higher mileage might just cause them to have stopped up cats in the long run . . . so watch out for it !

IF RUNNING AN EGR IMPROVES PERFORMANCE . . . .WHY WOULDNT PEOPLE RUNNING FOR NOTHING BUT HIGH PERFORMANCE USE THAT LOGIC AS WELL ? ? ? Afterall, I have 690 dynoed rear wheel horsepower . . why not compare my truck to nascar engines ?

Thats because you are a sarcastic, narrow minded FUĆKING IDIOT ! ! ! ! ! ! !
You are clueless about how it all works and even when people try to help you you act like a child and call the moderator foul names by circumventing the site censor. I suspect you won't be here much longer.
You are the weakest link, Goodbye.

Old 07-16-2008 | 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Norm
You are clueless about how it all works and even when people try to help you you act like a child and call the moderator foul names by circumventing the site censor. I suspect you won't be here much longer.
You are the weakest link, Goodbye.
haha good one norm!!!! toast to that one buddy

Quick Reply: Closed Loop !