Lightning

Closed Loop !

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rossharley
I am meerly stating that a clogged EGR can result in a stock motor detonating and blowing itself up if someone did not pay attention to their second intake temperature sensor ! ! ! NOTHING ELSE ! ! ! ! ! I noticed it before having that problem and was able to fix it . . .yes they were clogged !

TO REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN ! ! At 50,000 mile, my motor greanated itself. The head blew out a plug and pulled in enough head material to completely ruin my long block ( heads and all ). I went to FORD and told them that I needed a whole long block . . I told them I didnt want anything for free, but I would LIKE to have it at COST since I didnt feel I should be replacing a motor at 50,000 miles. AT THAT TIME I HAD NOT done any modifications to the engine ! ! ! It just did it all on its own ! I hadnt even changed the plugs yet !
They told me it was 8000, sooooo I went to NAPA and had a short block built with ross internals. I called FORD again and asked for a new set of heads . . . PLEASE at cost ! ! again . . .and again I got the answer 3500 dollars . Since patriot PERFORMANCE heads were ALOT cheaper, I purchased them instead.

YES, the aftermarket heads probably clogged the CATS ! ! BUT that may not be the case with everyone else. . . higher mileage might just cause them to have stopped up cats in the long run . . . so watch out for it !

IF RUNNING AN EGR IMPROVES PERFORMANCE . . . .WHY WOULDNT PEOPLE RUNNING FOR NOTHING BUT HIGH PERFORMANCE USE THAT LOGIC AS WELL ? ? ? Afterall, I have 690 dynoed rear wheel horsepower . . why not compare my truck to nascar engines ?

Thats because you are a sarcastic, narrow minded FUĆKING IDIOT ! ! ! ! ! ! !
the narrow minded idiot wants to know how after market heads clogged the cats ?
A bad tune might
Bad gas
Lack of maintenance

But a certain type of after market head ? I dont undertsand it
but maybe my sarcasm is blinding me to the truth

Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM
RE : BGlanden.

I do read in that summary where they claim recirculating the gas reduces ping / detonation on the engine. Maybe Im just not smart enough to understand the concept, but that persons point of view seems logical at least to them. It says that the recirculation allows for a more agressive spark advance and increases performance of the engine !

Im not really trying to get in a serious forum argument with everyone . . . but if that is true, how come NASCAR doesnt recirculate THEIR exhaust back into their intake ?!?!?!?!?!?! for . . . . . MAXIUMUM PERFORMANCE !
They don't have to go through emissions! They can add *** much fuel and octane they need to negate detonation.
PS...don't call the moderator's f'n idiot's...it's not a good thing...unless u like being banned!
Bryan

Old 07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes 690 rrhp is a impressive mark..i wouldnt compare it to a nascar..i dont think your truck does 200+ mph

Old 07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
"It just did it all on its own ! I hadnt even changed the plugs yet !"

There is your reason you blew a plug.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:07 AM
The aftermarket head I used was allowing some oil to get through around the valve stem area. . .and I was hopeing it would clear up . . but didnt.

The heads are changed and fixed now . . but that was all I could think of that may have stopped up my cats !

Can anyone help me and let me know what their 2nd intake air temperature reads just cruising down the road under vacuum !? PLEASE ?

Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Im not just some dumbass . . .
Ummmmm ... Take a poll and I think you'll find: YES YOU ARE!

AND BEFORE you go off again, let me 'splain something. I was blowing up and eating spark plugs big time for over 6 months. Nobody could figure it out, UNTIL I blew off the recirc hoses that go up to the DTMF thing. Then we found the clogged cats. Replaced them (Not warrantied because we had welded a bung in there to monitor O2 at Holley! ) and all is well again. If you can't figure out what's wrong, you're not looking in the right place, d00d ...

Last edited by SVT_KY; 07-17-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000
let me try to summarize

You made seemingly random modifications to your truck that resulted in problems that you haven't clearly described here - but you are blaming the problems on EGR ( even though you have no idea how EGR works ) in the hopes that convincing people here that EGR was at fault will some how help you convince ford to give you a long block ?

You said you haven't blown up your block yet want a long block anyway. You think the 8000 for price is too high but havent contacted any of the after market sources including former supporting vendors here

And you look to Nascar for perfomance recommendations on your street truck....

Hmm ...

Is that pretty close ?

Im confused
Doug, let's just adopt some of the Corner Carvers Rules ... PLEASE? < grin >

Old 07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by SVT_KY
You mean like be intelligent or get CRUSHED?

Seconded.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by SVT_KY
I googled to see what a corner carver was and found this as the first link

Jesus, those guys at corner-carvers are A$$holes. *UPDATE*
Not sure we want to emulate that - and they need some serious search engine help

Since Google failed me and

Since the IB take over we can do pretty much what we want - what are the Corner Carver rules ?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.protoworks.com/cgi-bin/C-...de_For_Newbies

In general, you must THINK before you post. THINKING includes:
  • SEARCHING first.
  • composing a post in proper English.
  • in a question post, setting forth the relevant criteria.
  • LISTENING to the tech provided in response to a question, and if it is not understood, some attempt to study the matter further before following up.
  • etc.

The rules would not work as well here. C-C are serious tech guys talking about handling -- a serious tech subject (I'm considered a handling guru here, but am well below par by C-C standards). And the average f150online user simply does not have the gray matter of the average C-C user. To certain extent, though, the well-above-average intelligence level at C-C is because of their no-mercy-for-idiots policy; the morons are simply driven away. There may be moderators, but they are really not needed -- the users are self-policing. The membership as a whole does not suffer fools gladly.

Here, the board needs to make a profit, so the stupid and lazy will be tolerated. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a fact. Nonetheless, I've believed all along that raising the intelligence level of the discussion, even at the expense of some newbie hand-holding, would result in a stronger board, and a net increase in readers. But I doubt seriously that the new owners have the guts to experiment like that. Boards that die usually don't come back.

[edit: this is actually the FAQ that I had in mind. It's funny as hell, and worth the read. E.g., "Do not start a thread asking about 'what kind of music do you guys listen to. . . .' That is considered quite gay, and you will be christened __Homo Dancing Queen.__ This is a car website, not f*cking 'Soul Train.' "]

Last edited by Tim Skelton; 07-17-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
http://www.protoworks.com/cgi-bin/C-...de_For_Newbies

[edit: this is actually the FAQ that I had in mind. It's funny as hell, and worth the read. E.g., "Do not start a thread asking about 'what kind of music do you guys listen to. . . .' That is considered quite gay, and you will be christened __Homo Dancing Queen.__ This is a car website, not f*cking 'Soul Train.' "]
thats genius

To be honest the IB folks have absolutely no clue whats going on here - this place would be a cool pile of ashes before they knew it was on fire

Old 07-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Afterall, I have 690 dynoed rear wheel horsepower . . why not compare my truck to nascar engines ?

Thats because you are a sarcastic, narrow minded ***** IDIOT ! ! ! ! ! ! !
From another rossharley thread...

I already upgraded to 42 lb injectors . . think that will hold up ?
Good thing you upgraded to those 42 pounders to handle that 690 rwhp... who's the idiot again?

Old 07-18-2008, 06:20 PM
you dont have a nascar engine. you cant run all day long at 9,000 rpm....

Old 07-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by lurker
From another rossharley thread...

Good thing you upgraded to those 42 pounders to handle that 690 rwhp... who's the idiot again?
UUUUhhh .. 42 lb injectors didnt hold up, was running lean ! Im at 160 lb low impedence injectors with a low impedence controller box now, also had to upgrade my pump .

So unless you want to race, why dont you just shut your mouth BíTch !

Old 07-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by built54
you dont have a nascar engine. you cant run all day long at 9,000 rpm....
And of course I know my motor wont handle 9000 rpm . . . but a stock nascar motor wount handle 20 lbs of boost on top of their current compression ratio.

Its funny how people compare apples to oranges and say they are different. . . .uh . . of course they are ! They say the only reason why your ford is faster than my chevy is because it has a blower on it. ! Well duh, if I put this blower on your stock chevy motor and dont change the ratio, I would blow it sky high !.

At 690 rwhp, if my motor was in a stock nascar chassis with that weight and horsepower, I would bet ( and I might be wrong ) that a nascar driver could run just as well if not better. Too bad they dont allow blowers in nascar !

If someone wants to ban me . . .then of course I know they can ! ! Im not starting anything with anyone, just responding to whoever wants to make the next smartass remark.

Anyone else ?

Quick Reply: Closed Loop !