Lightning

so here's the deal....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008 | 09:20 PM
|
Question so here's the deal....

i finally made a decision on what i'm doin with my L. i am goin to get a beater and drive it around while i save up for the jlp block. i plan on makin this a long project. i plan on painting the engine bay and freshening up hoses, belts and all that, when i get the heads out i plan on getting them freshened up as well, and a new cam. my question is do ya'll have any tips and tricks on doin big things like this? no i have never done a project like this, but i know i can do it. i would just like some advice from people with more experience than me. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 07-14-2008 | 09:59 PM
Take a buttload of digital pictures, every step of the way.

Put bolts that can be re-used in Ziploc bags with what they go to written on the bags with a Sharpie.

Take the TTY bolts with you to the dealership when you get the replacements so you can verify you receive exactly what you need.

Don't reuse gaskets - take the old ones to the dealership with you to be sure you get the exact replacements you need.

Replace ALL the vacuum hoses, while you have easy access to the whole engine.

Old 07-14-2008 | 09:59 PM
The first thing I would get is a DVD of the shop manual off ebay so you will see how to disassemble parts and put them back together.

Old 07-16-2008 | 12:00 AM
|
the sharpie and zip locks are already taken care of. what bolts would you guys reccomend replacing and which ones could i reuse. i will def replace the vaccum lines. who is a respectable person to get the manual from? i dont trust ebay too much cause i have had probs with people on there b4. but if there's someone ya'll have gotten it from then i will go through them. thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: so here's the deal....