Lightning

Record Shackle Install Time !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001 | 09:29 AM
|
Exclamation Record Shackle Install Time !!!

Hello to all,

Yesterday my excellent Crew Chief (Baby Jake) and I, set a new world record for installing drop shackles on a Lightning....35 minutes! This record time included 2 refreshment breaks, but does not include the 5 minute cleanup time.

With BJ as the creeper/wrench man, and I on the jack handle, the Quad Cities Pit Crew, set a blistering pace...probably never to be equaled. The key was in the planning stage, which included refreshments of course.

It was decided that the previously suggested jackstands, were not required, and that with a little precise pumping (the jack of course), this job would be a "peice of cake". So with a few "up a little...stop" and "OK, now let it down...slowly" commands from under the truck, this crack pit crew, smoked the old world record!!! I believe that 90 minutes estimates (including refreshments) were throw out as a challenge in previous mail comments.

After cleanup and another refreshment, it was decided by the pit crew, that it was just too hot to consume refreshments in the parking lot...so off to the Crew Chief's favorite watering hole, refreshments, and admiring the two black beauties with a 2 inch drop (Trucks, of course).

And so goes another great pit stop!!

Cheers, and thanks for all the pre-install suggestions (Speeding Bob, and Clonetek), and were are sorry that Bob and Brooks, missed their share of the refreshments

...Dwight...

Old 06-30-2001 | 10:15 AM
Talking

Nice story Dwight, but if my memory serves me correctly, I believe Lightning Bob quoted an install time of 30 minutes! I'm sure we could have done it faster without the refreshment breaks, but the people on the board who have met me can attest, that would be completely improper and down-right LAME!!!

I had a great time doing the install, (it really helps to have a good 'jack-man'!).

What is our get-together plans for the rest of the weekend?

Jake...

Old 06-30-2001 | 10:43 AM
dang.. whats the point of having a few cold ones if you rush thru the whole thing? LOL
good work guys. hehehehehe

brooks

now post some pics!

Old 06-30-2001 | 10:59 AM
|
Cool

To the GREAT Crew Chief,

My "record breaking" comment, refered to the fine advice offered by Speeding Bob and Clonetek...Lightning Bob is exempted, as he is "almost part of the QC pit crew"

Jim emailed that we will meet @ Headquarters in Coal Valley, 3PM Sunday. Is Headquarters one of your watering holes...I never look at the name of the place we are stoping at...must be the rush to get to those refreshments??

Cheers,

...Dwight...

Old 06-30-2001 | 06:41 PM
|
Question

btt

Old 06-30-2001 | 09:11 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Thumbs up

Your very welcome Dwight....anytime..

Jake,

Did ya put a half-a-turn of wedge on it too?

Old 06-30-2001 | 11:49 PM
Thumbs up

I recently installed a Belltech shackle kit on my 2000L.(Part #6400). The truck is now level, not the 2 inch "California Rake" that Ford puts in all it's trucks. Price-$79.00. The local shop wanted almost $200.00 for parts and labor. Installed it in less than an hour, one man, using stands. Any one looking to level their 2000L I would highly recomend the Belltech kit. Easy job. Do it yourself and save. Fred.

------------------
FFDecker

Old 07-01-2001 | 09:30 AM
Talking

Dwight,

The Headquarters is across the park from the watering hole we stopped at Friday. Just look for the line of beutiful Lightnings!

Brooks,

I was just in a rush to get to the air-conditioned refreshment stand!

Speedin,

Actually, Dwight said his L was only slightly tight, so, I put only a quarter-round of wedge in!

Jake...

Old 07-01-2001 | 05:55 PM
Talking

LOL

Quick Reply: Record Shackle Install Time !!!