Lightning

need some lightning expertise

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008 | 09:02 AM
Truck of the Month
I like that lack of the SVT front bumper

Old 12-07-2008 | 04:50 PM
lol deffinately not a lightning motor hahah like stickbo said he put a k&n on it lol

Old 12-07-2008 | 06:25 PM
|
lol. yeah he told me someone had actually stolen the truck & took the seats, bumper, back window & tail lights before they recovered it. maybe they swapped the motor too.

Old 12-08-2008 | 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
lol. yeah he told me someone had actually stolen the truck & took the seats, bumper, back window & tail lights before they recovered it. maybe they swapped the motor too.
thats awesome. . Keep lookin man you will find one if your patient enough. A guy on another forum got a lightning for under 4000 that was missing a front bumper and an intercooler pump. It took him a little time and very little money to get it going. I have seen lightnings with over 100,000 miles go for less than 10,000 quite often. Good luck sir and run the f away from mr airraid f150 aka lightning jr. As Ben Stiller said in mystery men "its a lightning compatible"

Old 12-08-2008 | 06:44 PM
|
i know this is hard to say without any specs on the truck or even pics, but just based on number.....

99 lightning, 116k on the clock, motor was replaced @ 99k. for $10k. those numbers sound right? seems like most lightning with over 100k miles are still going for around that much. thing is with this, i may be able to work a deal with my jeep...so i dont really have to worry about going through the selling process.there are a couple other trucks i have seen (like on ebay) with a little less mileage on the body that are going for just about the same. but of course, i'd have to have all the cash for those.

also are there things that i would need to worry about like things that are known to break at a certain time?

thanks for all the help.

Old 12-12-2008 | 12:43 PM
Sounds about right. Wonder if its got a built motor. If so goodie goodie. Post up the specs and such and e will let you know. Def need motor pics. Good luck
Ryan

Old 12-12-2008 | 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr

If I was looking @ that truck and he sent me a under hood pic that dirty.... that would put the brakes on the deal right there

whens the last time that filter was cleaned

def not a L with a vin check you would have known for sure

Old 12-13-2008 | 12:06 AM
|
the pic of that motor was the 1st truck i was checking out. the VIN was showing a XLT, but i didnt know if he swapped a lightning motor into it. but after i saw the pic, i realize it wasnt.

as for the 2nd truck (99 lightning) i think im going to trade the guy for it. he sent me pics, but i havent saved them to post them up. he is goig to come down on sunday. we can inspect each other's vehicles, but as long as everything is as he says, ill trade on my end. ill post some pics up once transactions is complete & i have some.

Old 12-13-2008 | 01:59 PM
awesome. You will never look back. I have had a lot of cars and my lightning is by far my favorite. I have fadt cars but its the total package. Like a cobra with a bed. Post up the pics when you get em. Ask about the pulleys and is it has a tune. ask if it has had the intercooler recall done as well. If he doesn't know you can have ford run the vin through oasis to check the history. Chances are he has done it as it would have leaked by now. Congrats, I hope.
Ryan

Old 12-13-2008 | 11:26 PM
|
well, i according to the ownerbody has just under 116k. had low compression in 2 cylinders so at right around 99k, he had a local dealer install a new stock motor into the truck (has the papaerwork). #4 lower pulley, diablo sport programmer, flowmaster exhaust, AFE intake. owner is not sure if he has the upgraded intercooler. he says he's not sure if the previous owner had it taken care of or if he is just lucky. he assumes that the previous owner had it taken care of.

Old 12-14-2008 | 03:40 PM
sounds good man. Post up some pics of that bad boy if you get it. If this is your first Lightning the first time you open it up and here that bad boy whine at you you are gonna grin ear to ear.
Ryan

Old 12-15-2008 | 05:20 AM
|
Originally Posted by stickbo
If this is your first Lightning the first time you open it up and here that bad boy whine at you you are gonna grin ear to ear.
Ryan
lol. well, i got it. on the way home i opened it up and i did exactly that. this is also my 1st supercharged vehicle, so i wasnt used to the whine. the only other FI vehicle i had was a 2G AWD turbo Talon. i took pics at my shop b/c we had to do some stuff already to make it road worthy. but as the previous owner was trailering it down, it was snowing up where he lived, so it's pretty dirty right now. i took pics as my techs were working on it, but i have nothing clean & i havent uploaded the pics off my camera yet.

Old 12-15-2008 | 01:18 PM
sweet. Told yah. Congrats

Old 12-15-2008 | 11:24 PM
|
lol. thanks. here are the pics that i took of it while my techs were getting it ready for the inspection. we stayed after closing to do everything. came right off the previous owner's trailer and onto our rack. needed a little more than i expected, but at least i got the tags so i can drive it now.

ill get more pics when it's clean.

Last edited by EBXGSXR; 12-15-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-16-2008 | 04:34 PM
Truck of the Month
no engine shots???

congrats on the "new" L

Quick Reply: need some lightning expertise