Lightning

Any Good Performance Shops in FL ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Good Performance Shops in FL ???

Any body knows/ recommend a good performance shop in Florida that can be trusted tuning Lightnings???

Old 12-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coastal Dyno in Tampa...

Sam knows Fords - ALL of them !!!

http://www.coastaldyno.net/Contact%20Us.html

Old 12-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by B-Man
Coastal Dyno in Tampa...

Sam knows Fords - ALL of them !!!

http://www.coastaldyno.net/Contact%20Us.html
I 2nd that!

Old 12-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Gaw in miami. Thunder in boynton. Tampa is kinda far. What are you looking to do?

Old 12-19-2008, 12:20 AM
I've talked to Gaby (GAW) and he does more diesel than anything... I don't really trust any shop down here in Miami, i've been thru most of the known ones with my previous 03' Cobra and have had many head aches.. I'm whiling to travel anywhere in FL to get a good tune.. The truck has #6 lower/ 2.7 upper, ported blower, TB/C&L, long tubes, E fans, gears, intercooler, but the engine is high on miles and i can't afford to blow it at least for the next 8 months until im done with my up coming academy.. I'm currently running on the basic predator pulley tune that comes in the predator.. But i'm not 100% confident with it..

Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Justin @ VMP Tuning.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:33 PM
If all you want is a tune why not go email. JJ@woodbine is the man as is amazon tuning solutions. If you have a handheld tuner this is the way to flyl. JDM and JLP are two others that have been around since GOD and have plenty of satisfied customers. I dont know who the sv are here you might want to check them out. If it were me I would hit up JJ. He specializes in email tuning and for your setup it would be a piece of cake. A must have is a wideband gauge especially if you are concerned with blowing things up. It will also make tuning a much smoother process.A wideband should be the first gauge you get then whatever else you feel is necessary next. I like the innovate. Bought mine from madenterprises who is on this forum I just found out. I thought you were looking for an installer which is why I recommended the local guys.Good luck
Ryan

Old 12-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by mialightning
I've talked to Gaby (GAW) and he does more diesel than anything... I don't really trust any shop down here in Miami, i've been thru most of the known ones with my previous 03' Cobra and have had many head aches.. I'm whiling to travel anywhere in FL to get a good tune.. The truck has #6 lower/ 2.7 upper, ported blower, TB/C&L, long tubes, E fans, gears, intercooler, but the engine is high on miles and i can't afford to blow it at least for the next 8 months until im done with my up coming academy.. I'm currently running on the basic predator pulley tune that comes in the predator.. But i'm not 100% confident with it..
Sam @ Coastal tuned a stock block Lightning with a Whipple on it - Chad drove that thing around putting over 500 HP to the tires, running 11's at the track, without blowing the motor.

Minus the gears, my 04 has the same mods you have - Sam tuned it every step of the way and I just passed 91,000 on the clock a few weeks ago...

Sam KNOWS Fords - ALL of them. Go see him - you won't regret it !!!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Scott Mustang specalties in pompano... He can burn you a custom chip on the dyno... He did our truck but its a 302 HO .. Im sure he can do a 351.. Hes the best there is ..

Old 12-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Who has a 351 ???

I'm sure Sam, Sal, JLP or JDM might want to debate that claim !!

Old 12-24-2008, 04:03 AM
My mistake ..thought we were talking gen 1 wrong year.... Thats just my opinion.. Theres alot of good tuners out there but some dont make custom chips ..

Old 12-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by lew52
Scott Mustang specalties in pompano... He can burn you a custom chip on the dyno... He did our truck but its a 302 HO .. Im sure he can do a 351.. Hes the best there is ..
Yeah, i've been recommended to tune with Scott Mustang Specialties (Scott) by a few people down here... But i'm looking for a tuner that specializes on lightnings/ that works mostly on lightnings....

Old 12-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah, i've been recommended to tune with Scott Mustang Specialties (Scott) by a few people down here... But i'm looking for a tuner that specializes on lightnings/ that works mostly on lightnings....
That is a very wise decision. They are 2 different animals. I have seen guys that are mustang tuning Gods try and tune people lightnings with less than stellar outcomes. Do you have a wideband. The canned tune is probably a little lean with the amount of boost your running. I run the canned pulley tune with a 4# lower only@ 14-15# of boost. I see 11.3-11.2 throughout 3rd gear at wot. I think that email is your best bet but Do what make you most comfortable. I would hope you have some sort of maf extender with that much boost. You have got to be pegging the stock meter. Good luck
Ryan

Old 12-25-2008, 08:34 AM
<Snip>... But i'm looking for a tuner that specializes on lightnings/ that works mostly on lightnings...<Snip>
That's gonna be tough - there just aren't that many Lightnings with owners that want to mod them running around in Florida to keep a L-only shop running.

I think all of the major tuners on this board tune vehicles other than Lightnings...

Seriously, call Sam, make an appointment, go to Tampa, get her tuned, go to Ybor City and have some fun.

Next day, drive home KNOWING you have a safe, competent tune.

While you are there, check out Sam's Cobra - A single turbo 4.6 beast that PEGS his 1200HP Mustang dyno !!!

Still has the AC/ stereo, power seats, etc. He gets to run it once every season at Bradenton - once he runs, they won't let him on track again because he doesn't have a roll cage. He keeps it as a streetable, daily use kind of car.

Including me, I personally know of 12 Lightnings that he tunes, from built motor monsters to lightly-modded garage queens. Those are the ones I know personally, I'm sure there are lots more he tunes that I am unaware of.

Good luck and be careful with that Predator tune - we've all read the stories on here about what can happen using the canned tunes from Diablosport...

Old 12-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Dont know any one that just does lightnings.. Good luck... Scott tunes the 5.4 supercharged mustangs... Im not sure how much different the lightnings are ??

Quick Reply: Any Good Performance Shops in FL ???