Lightning

New Lightning Owner with Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009 | 09:04 PM
|
New Lightning Owner with Questions

First off I want to say that this is the coolest vehicles I have ever owned and I have had several cool ones. I just traded a 05 STI for this beast and love it. Its an 03 Dark Gray Lightning. I also found a factory supercharger and polished elbow on craigslist that are brand new and plan on having the eaton ported soon. I have been active on several other online car forums and found this site seemed to be the leader in the F150. The truck has a basanai exhaust and cold air intake I looked at the pulley bolts and it all looks unmolested. I know what these trucks are rated at from the factory but what can I expect as far as numbers on a dyno? I am going to get a diablo tuner soon to help get some more out of the truck but I am still looking and learning for the best options for my new truck, any advise and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-22-2009 | 10:32 PM
hi and welcome.
I like the dsg lightnings, that is what I have. There are many opinions as to what to do. The proven and standard is a cold air intake, handheld tuner and a 4 # pulley. Thgis combo should give around 380-400 hp and 480 to 500 torque. This also would depend on your elevation and air temp.
When installed a ported eaton on my last lightning I saw a gain of 31 hp and a slight gain in torque. Some guys lose torque.

Read the other post in here. https://www.f150online.com/forums/li...e-how-bad.html

also a good place for parts is http://www.nloc.net/classifieds/ as well as information.

have a great time with your lightning.

Old 04-23-2009 | 11:45 AM
|
Hey thanks for the advise and welcome. Those numbers look good to be a goal.

What do the lightnings dyno at from factory though? anyone know?

Old 04-23-2009 | 11:42 PM
Factory rating is 380 hp at the crank

Old 04-25-2009 | 10:09 AM
Hi and welcome and hope you enjoy the lightning. I also have the DSG and really enjoy the ride. I had it dyno'd about a year after bought new and the only mod bering a drop in K&N filter the numbers where 357rwhp and 422 rwt at 62 degree in Houston Texas. Once again enjoy!!

Old 04-26-2009 | 01:11 AM
MDK
I do not recommend a Diablo Tuner. Troyer tune, VMP or Gryphon.

Quick Reply: New Lightning Owner with Questions