Lightning

Radio is out/in and paint is on

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009 | 01:32 AM
|
Red face Radio is out/in and paint is on

Hi Guys,

My story. I loved the early GTO dashes and do not care for a lot of the monotone currrent dashes. I had several ideas on how to change my look of the Lightning interior. Most were too expensive or too loud etc.

When I finally stopped pushing the radio tool in too far, I got it out and wanted to paint the radio bezel to match the center of the steering wheel.

Getting the bezel disconnected from the radio seems a bit scary at first but it
is not that difficult and goes back together easily.

I painted them a slightly dark gray metallic and I love the look of both the steering wheel and the radio now. I also have a silver metallic decal of Lightning
and a silver metal pin stripe in the horizontal groove on the steering wheel. I think the look is tasteful and not over done with the rest of the black/light gray/dark gray of the interior. It is rather dramatic for the minor changes involved. I'll post pictures but I'm working late and I was bored so I'm posting this now. I realize everyone has their own taste but honestly, Just for a few bucks your Lightning interior can look like factory only better.

Old 06-20-2009 | 10:13 AM
Truck of the Month
^^^ sounds interesting, can't wait to see some before and after pics

Old 07-30-2009 | 12:43 AM
|
pics of mods on lightning rodder , pics uploaded there without a problem, but not here sorry

Quick Reply: Radio is out/in and paint is on