Lightning

New owner.... and need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009 | 08:59 PM
evo
Originally Posted by f150freak
I bet it's the breather on the valve cover. It's pulling in the air from the engine compartment and allowing it to be pulled into the crankcase via the PCV system.

Find yourself a normal oil cap and put it in place of the breather, reset the codes. and drive it for a while and see if the code reappears.
I ran a breather on my 1st 03'L for 3yrs no codes and I run one on my present 03' no codes.

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by f150freak
I bet it's the breather on the valve cover. It's pulling in the air from the engine compartment and allowing it to be pulled into the crankcase via the PCV system.

Find yourself a normal oil cap and put it in place of the breather, reset the codes. and drive it for a while and see if the code reappears.
agreed

Old 09-22-2009 | 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by evo
I ran a breather on my 1st 03'L for 3yrs no codes and I run one on my present 03' no codes.
I ran a breather on my 02 L for nearly a year. I took it off because it was causing a persistent lean code. I eventually found out your tune needs to be calibrated for the breather if you want to run it. Who's to say the Superchip on the PCM is calibrated for the breather?

Besides, if he has the original oil cap its a free test to just throw it back on to find out if that truly is the problem.

Quick Reply: New owner.... and need help