Lightning

Lightning help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning help!!!

Ill do my best to describe all of my problems, actions taken so far and results without being long winded. I want you all to have as much informations possible so that someone can hopefully help me find a solution to my problem.

The original problem: Corroded heater tube at rear of lower intake manifold. d
- I removed the lower manifold and replaced the heater tube, replacing all gaskets along the way. (manifold to cyl., intercooler, supercharger, i made a gasket with black rtv for the plenum) <--- this could be a possible problem.. ill get into that later. Along the way I changed one of the boots to a cop, changed spark plugs and the oil in the supercharger. I cleaned all gasket surfaces with 3m roloc discs and carb cleaner.. also taking care to clean manifolds and such along the way.

My New Problem: Now that everything is back together the truck is hard to start and runs (sometimes dying at idle) very rough. It definitely sounds like there is a vacuum leak. I am 95% confident that i have all the vacuum lines routed properly. If anyone can provide a diagram that may help to confirm. I ran it on a scanner and it is not showing any cylinder miss.. this leads me to believe that my problem is above the lower manifold. Possibly supercharger related... potentially with the gasket i made for the upper plenum, however testing that seal while running with carb cleaner yielded no difference. please help, ill be checking this post regularly

Old 05-29-2010, 01:37 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
did you check the elbow that runs behind the lower intake to the passenger side??

also is the truck throwing any codes?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not exactly sure which elbow you are talking about. Are you referring to the bundle that runs from the upper plenum behind the SC to the driver side? or possibly the pcv system? It is throwing codes, Im not sure which ones though. I am picking up the upper plenum gasket tomorrow from the dealer. I am crossing my fingers that that will solve my problem.

Assuming that this doesnt fix my issues, I will be tearing everything back down and re-tracing my steps. I am still searching for a vacuum diagram, so far no luck, I would really like to be able to eliminate a vacuum routing issue as my problem. If anyone has one, or knows where i can find one it would be greatly appreciated! The next step will be to pull the codes from the truck... If it comes to that I will post them, hopefully some of you will be able to provide some insight.

Also I have tons of pictures detailing the procedure... I am not familiar with how to post them, It may be helpful to anyone who has an interest in helping me solve this dilemma.

Thanks Guys,

Kyle

Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
behind the lower intake there is a line, when you pull your i/c to clean it it's at the back of the lower intake valley

Quick Reply: Lightning help!!!